* Feature request: \digits command
@ 2008-06-19 20:10 Morgan Brassel
From: Morgan Brassel @ 2008-06-19 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi everyone,

The \digits command is really great when it comes to typeset numbers in
different languages. However, I miss one functionality from the numprint
package in latex: when you type for example $e-5$, you get 10^{-5} (with
no dot in front of it).

Would it be possible to add an option to \digits to reproduce this?

Best wishes,
Morgan

* Re: Feature request: \digits command
@ 2008-06-20 10:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-06-20 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Morgan Brassel <morgan.brassel@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The \digits command is really great when it comes to typeset numbers in
> different languages. However, I miss one functionality from the numprint
> package in latex: when you type for example $e-5$, you get 10^{-5} (with
> no dot in front of it).
>
> Would it be possible to add an option to \digits to reproduce this?

\starttext
\def\digitpowerseparator{10}
\digits{e-5}
\stoptext

http://pragma-ade.com/show-mag-4.htm

Regards
Wolfgang

* Re: Feature request: \digits command
@ 2008-06-20 14:10   ` Morgan Brassel
From: Morgan Brassel @ 2008-06-20 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, Wolfgang.
I have already read the "This Way" on your link very carefully.
In fact, I was looking for a solution to have
\digits{e-5} printed as 10^5
\digits{2e-5} printed as 2 . 10^5
Is it possible to do that? to detect if there is a number before the 'e'
in \digits?

Regards,
Morgan

@ 2008-06-20 14:23     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-06-20 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Morgan Brassel <morgan.brassel@free.fr> wrote:
> Thank you, Wolfgang.
> I have already read the "This Way" on your link very carefully.
> In fact, I was looking for a solution to have
> \digits{e-5} printed as 10^5
> \digits{2e-5} printed as 2 . 10^5
> Is it possible to do that? to detect if there is a number before the 'e'
> in \digits?

\def\digitpowerseparator
  {\ifx\collecteddigits\empty
     10
   \else
     \cdot10
   \fi}

\starttext

\digits{e-5}

\digits{2e-5}

\stoptext

Regards,
Wolfgang

* Re: Feature request: \digits command
@ 2008-06-20 14:51       ` Morgan Brassel
From: Morgan Brassel @ 2008-06-20 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great, thank you!
Maybe this should become the default for the \digits command?
Or at least turned on via an option to \digits?
I guess this is the wanted behavior for many users, so this should be
made accessible easily... But maybe I'm wrong!

Best regards,
Morgan

@ 2008-06-20 15:27       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-20 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Morgan Brassel <morgan.brassel@free.fr> wrote:
>> Thank you, Wolfgang.
>> I have already read the "This Way" on your link very carefully.
>> In fact, I was looking for a solution to have
>> \digits{e-5} printed as 10^5
>> \digits{2e-5} printed as 2 . 10^5
>> Is it possible to do that? to detect if there is a number before the 'e'
>> in \digits?
>
> \def\digitpowerseparator
>   {\ifx\collecteddigits\empty
>      10
>    \else
>      \cdot10
>    \fi}
>
> \starttext
>
> \digits{e-5}
>
> \digits{2e-5}
>
> \stoptext

ok, patched:

\def\digitpowerseparator
   {\ifx\collecteddigits\empty\else\cdot\fi10}

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-06-25 19:26         ` Flavien Lambert
From: Flavien Lambert @ 2008-06-25 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all, I allow me to use this message for a related topic on the digits
command. I took a look at the "manual" on the digits command but did not
found a way to cut a number by group of three digits like
the numprint command, e.g. 1000000 becomes 1 000 000.
With the digits option 3, dots become thinmuskips. I would like to do
something similar but automatically for groups of three digits. For people
who know the numprint package, this is default option with the french
language.
Best regards.
Flavien.

* Re: Feature request: \digits command
@ 2018-04-29 10:10           ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2018-04-29 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, Jun 25 2008, Flavien Lambert wrote:

> did not found a way to cut a number by group of three digits like the
> numprint command, e.g. 1000000 becomes 1 000 000. With the digits
> option 3, dots become thinmuskips. I would like to do something
> similar but automatically for groups of three digits.

Hi,

Does this feature exist now in ConTeXt?

TIA for any hints,
--