On 12/6/18 10:55 AM, Floris van Manen wrote: > while experimenting with the sample transparency color code > [...] > if i change the yellow t value to .99  > \definecolor [solidyellow]  [y=1,t=0.99,a=1] > some green layer pops up. > > as this is all about software, there is a reason to this. > it cold be the OSX preview program too, of course. > can someone explain to me ? > :-) Hi Floris, this is an Apple Preview issue. I wonder what it might be doing wrong. Evince, mupdf-gl and acroread for Linux display it fine (see the attached image). Pablo -- http://www.ousia.tk