* faulty to unicode mapping of chars encoded with surrogate pairs?
@ 2018-08-08 10:13 Ulrike Fischer
From: Ulrike Fischer @ 2018-08-08 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

when I compile the following with context

\pdfvariable compresslevel=0
\starttext
$f$
\stoptext

I get in the pdf

1 beginbfchar
<0515> <D875DC53>
endbfchar

D875DC53 is according to
http://www.russellcottrell.com/greek/utilities/surrogatepaircalculator.htm
the codepoint 2D453 and this is not a valid unicode point. As a
result copy& paste doesn't work correctly.

A similar example with xelatex writes  D835DC53 (remark the 3
instead of the 7) instead in the pdf which gives the correct code
point 1D453 and copies fine.

lualatex gives the faulty value too.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

* Re: faulty to unicode mapping of chars encoded with surrogate pairs?
@ 2018-08-08 12:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-08-08 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/8/2018 12:13 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> when I compile the following with context
>
> \pdfvariable compresslevel=0
> \starttext
> $f$
> \stoptext
>
> I get in the pdf
>
> 1 beginbfchar
> <0515> <D875DC53>
> endbfchar
>
> D875DC53 is according to
> http://www.russellcottrell.com/greek/utilities/surrogatepaircalculator.htm
> the codepoint 2D453 and this is not a valid unicode point. As a
> result copy& paste doesn't work correctly.
>
> A similar example with xelatex writes  D835DC53 (remark the 3
> instead of the 7) instead in the pdf which gives the correct code
> point 1D453 and copies fine.
>
> lualatex gives the faulty value too.
line 228 in font-map should be:

         k = k - 0x10000

(not v = ...)

Hans

* Re: faulty to unicode mapping of chars encoded with surrogate pairs?
@ 2018-08-08 12:49   ` Ulrike Fischer
From: Ulrike Fischer @ 2018-08-08 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am Wed, 8 Aug 2018 14:15:41 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> line 228 in font-map should be:
>
>          k = k - 0x10000
>
> (not v = ...)

Thanks, that corrects the problem.