From: "Robert F. Beeger" <5beeger@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>
Cc: Taco Hoekwater <taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl>, ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Again bibliography
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 17:38:42 +0200	[thread overview]

AIn setupb all context commands are defined in terms of their syntax. This
>file is included in the doc zip file and should be in sync with the mult-*
>files, since it uses variables defined there. So, you should update to the
>latest context (your setupb is now newer that the rest).
>
>Hans

Thanks for this.

Ok, I downloaded the newest ConTeXt-version available at www.pragma-ade.nl
and updated my teTeX with it (That was really easy :) ).
I generated the documentation for m-bib and read it.
In the documentation I found, that there is the option numbering=short for
\setuppublications, which I then used.
Here's what I got:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13d-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1) (format=cont-en
2000.4.28)  29 APR 2000 16:54
entering extended mode
**&cont-en test
(test.tex[/var/lib/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg]
ConTeXt  ver: 2000.3.30  fmt: 2000.4.28  int: english  mes: english

and later

structure      : begin of sectionblock backmatter
subject        : - References
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \csname \??pb \c!sample
                                    \endcsname
\numberwithdot #1->#1
                      .\hss
\fixuphang ...ox 0=\hbox {\@@pbnummercommando {#1}
                                                   \ }\ifdim \wd 0 >
\@@pbhan...
\p!compareprocessaction ...commalistelement {#3}#2
                                                   \expandafter
\quitcommalis...
\next1 #1,->\p!doprocessaction {#1}
                                    \doprocesscommaitem
<argument> ...csname \??pb \c!sample \endcsname },
                                                    bib=>\iftypesetall
\fixup...
l.71 \completepublications

?
[15.5]
structure      : end of sectionblock backmatter
[16.6]
systems        : end file test at line 73
  )
(\end occurred inside a group at level 1)
### semi simple group (level 1) entered at line 62 (\begingroup)
### bottom level

This happens only when I use the mentioned option.

And another question:
Where must I put the module m-bib.tex and the other files so that ConTeXt
finds them. I first put them into my texmf/tex/context/base,  where they
weren't found. Now I have them in the directory, where the Studienarbeit -
don't now the English word for this - I'm writing is located. But this
isn't the place where such a module should be. It should be some central
point, so that one can say \usemodule[bib]
in any ConTeXt-file without having to copy the files again and again.

Thanks in advance
    Robert