* Re: rectangle-words (like in details.pdf)
@ 2004-08-13 11:32 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-08-13 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

...it is not that I am inpatient - it's curiosity:

Does really nobody knows the answer to my question,
or is it just that it's too trivial to answer?!

Sorry for re-posting
Steffen

@ 2004-08-15 21:23 ` Brooks Moses
From: Brooks Moses @ 2004-08-15 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:32 AM 8/13/2004, you wrote:
>...it is not that I am inpatient - it's curiosity:
>
>Does really nobody knows the answer to my question,
>or is it just that it's too trivial to answer?!

I was busy with other things, and hadn't had a chance to answer.

There is no such thing as a question too trivial to answer, unless it's so
trivial that nobody has asked it.  (There are occasionally questions that
are sufficiently trivial that the appropriate answer is "read the
documentation, as it's clear that you haven't yet", but this certainly
isn't one of them.)

> > How do I get these black rectangle-words as they are used in Hans'
> > "details.pdf" for example (see page 16 or 25)?
> >
> > Is this a special font - or is there a certain context command used?

It's a series of random black rules (see \blackrule in the ConTeXt manual);
my impression (from a mention in the columns.pdf manual and comments in the
core-mat.tex file) is that they're created by the \fakewords command.

However, \fakewords doesn't seem to be a part of my ConTeXt distribution
(and it's the latest version), so I'm not sure where Hans's files are
getting it from.

- Brooks

* Re: rectangle-words (like in details.pdf)
@ 2004-08-15 21:39   ` Hans Hagen Outside
From: Hans Hagen Outside @ 2004-08-15 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brooks Moses wrote:

> However, \fakewords doesn't seem to be a part of my ConTeXt
> distribution (and it's the latest version), so I'm not sure where
> Hans's files are getting it from.

from the 50% files in my source directory that never made it into the distribution -)

however, the already quite old module m-visual.tex will be in next upload and it will be described in this-way-0007

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-08-18 19:54 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-18 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>...it is not that I am inpatient - it's curiosity:
>
>Does really nobody knows the answer to my question,
>or is it just that it's too trivial to answer?!

i did sent you the file, didn't i?

(anyhow, the file in in the distribution and the this-way on the site)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-08-09 14:23 Steffen Wolfrum