From: Brooks Moses <bmoses@stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: LaTeX emulation
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:23:01 -0700	[thread overview]

At 07:10 AM 5/18/2005, you wrote:
>Maurice Diamantini wrote:
>>But this is much work for somebody who is more interested by the content
>>of its document than by the envelope.
>>So this thing (context template) will take much time in collaborating.
>>What kind of stuff do we need for, say, an "article" LaTeX class?
>>    \usemodule[latex]
>>    \usemodule[latexarticle]
>
>It would look like this:
>
>   % be like a standard latex class
>   \setuplayout[margins=verywide]
[...]

>:-)
>
>There must be at least some decent LaTeX layouts out there,
>surely there is no need to emulate the default classes?

In my opinion, the primary utility of this would be an ability to emulate
the large quantity of classes that are based on the default classes, but
with the margins and stuff adjusted to fit a given journal style (or
such).  One hopes that this could be done automatically, too, by feeding
the appropriate arbitrary style file into ConTeXt, but that may be a bit
much to ask at least at first.

- Brooks