From: Brooks Moses <bmoses@stanford.edu>
Subject: Removing space between figure and caption
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:14:35 -0700	[thread overview]

I'm working on a presentation in ConTeXt, and running into a problem with
some figures; I can't seem to figure out how to get things to do what I
want.  Here's a small file that demonstrates the problem:

---------------------------------
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\starttext
\tfd \setupinterlinespace

\setupcaptions[number=no]
\setupcombinations[distance=5mm]
\placefigure
   [here]
   {none}
   {\startcombination[2*1]
     {\scale[width=3in, height=2in]{X}}
     {\bfc Caption 1 \crlf Line 2}
     {\scale[width=3in, height=2in]{X}}
     {\bfc Caption 2 \crlf Line 2}
    \stopcombination}
\stoptext

My problem is that space between the figures and the captions is much
larger than I'd like.  In the actual document, the figure contains its own
whitespace, and so I'd like the top of the caption text to be right up
against the bottom of the figure.

Also, I'd like to make the spacing between the two caption lines a lot smaller.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,
- Brooks