From: Brooks Moses <bmoses@stanford.edu>
Cc: Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch>
Subject: Re: Re: Toward an errata sheet.
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:06:17 -0700	[thread overview]

At 06:20 AM 9/1/2005, John R. Culleton wrote:
>Looking to the future, if I see a post with "errata" in the subject
>line I can inspect it and mark up my manual. At that point I
>don't need the particular post any more.
>
>If instead we are to use the wiki, then someone (not me) needs to
>explain the ins and outs of wikidom, create a page etc.
>  as outlined in my first paragraph.

I have created a page for errata in the ConTeXt-EN manual, here:
   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXtEN_Errata

The relevant ins and outs of Wikidom should be fairly straightforward -- to
add an erratum, click on the "edit" link at the top of the page, and then
add your erratum in the edit window (at this point, you should be able to
simply duplicate the formatting of an existing item, without needing to
know anything else), and click submit.

As you note, it's useful to post here about the errata one discovers, so
that people know of them (and also so that they can be discussed -- perhaps
an erratum is itself in error!).  My suggestion would be to post everything
here, and include a note as to whether it has or has not been added to the
Wiki page.  If it hasn't been added, someone will surely add it.

The three errata mentioned in this thread are on the page; I'll go back and
see what else I find in the archives.

- Brooks

P.S. I think there should be a page for Errata in general, linked from the
front page of the Wiki.  (Or, else, the "Bugs and Workarounds" page should
be changed to be "Bugs, Workarounds, and Errata")  However, I don't have
access to the front page of the Wiki to change that; can someone who has
access do that?