* "a is not becoming ä in Context 2000.10.3
@ 2000-10-05 19:28 Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-10-05 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I just got the lastest stable version of context and found that "a does not
become ä anymore.
Is there a special reason for this?
I have
\mainlanguage[de]
\language[de]
and it worked with 2000.5.29.

There seems to be the same problem with other Umlauts, too, though I can't
name them now.
The "a is in the title of my document, so it burned in my eye. On browsing
it - the document, not my eye - I saw many other " but hadn't the time to
take a closer look on them.
\"a still works, but ispell recognizes "a in its tex mode. So "a is more
convenient not only because of the one fewer character to type.

Greets
     Robert