* how to get bottom-vertical-alignment in (natural) table cells?
@ 2004-02-12 17:56 Stefan Wachter
From: Stefan Wachter @ 2004-02-12 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

I try to set a simple table that show the different horizontal and
vertical alignment capabilities (see below):

horizontal: left, middle, right
vertical: top(?), lohi, bottom(?)

Yet, the bottom alignment does not work. The texts in the third column
that should be placed at the bottom appear at the top of their cell.

Does anyone know how bottom alignment in table cells can be accomplished?

Many thanks for your attention.
--Stefan

\bTABLE[width=3cm,height=3cm]
\bTABLEbody
\bTR
\bTD[align={right,top}] top \eTD
\bTD[align={right,lohi}] middle \eTD
\bTD[align={right,bottom}] bottom \eTD
\eTR
\bTR
\bTD[align={middle,top}] top \eTD
\bTD[align={middle,lohi}] middle \eTD
\bTD[align={middle,bottom}] bottom \eTD
\eTR
\bTR
\bTD[align={left,top}] top \eTD
\bTD[align={left,lohi}] middle \eTD
\bTD[align={left,bottom}] bottom \eTD
\eTR
\eTABLEbody
\eTABLE

* Re: how to get bottom-vertical-alignment in (natural) table cells?
@ 2004-02-13 19:17 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-02-13 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stefan,

May be not quit logic, but when replacing the "bottom" by "low" you get
the desired result.

Kind regards

Willi

@ 2004-02-15 18:38   ` Stefan Wachter
From: Stefan Wachter @ 2004-02-15 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi,

thanks for your reply - it works. Just for completeness: is "top"
alignment termed "high"?

Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> May be not quit logic, but when replacing the "bottom" by "low" you get
> the desired result.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Willi
>
> Stefan Wachter wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I try to set a simple table that show the different horizontal and
>> vertical alignment capabilities (see below):
>>
>> horizontal: left, middle, right
>> vertical: top(?), lohi, bottom(?)
>>
>> Yet, the bottom alignment does not work. The texts in the third column
>> that should be placed at the bottom appear at the top of their cell.
>>
>> Does anyone know how bottom alignment in table cells can be accomplished?
>>
>> Many thanks for your attention.
>> --Stefan
>>
>> \bTABLE[width=3cm,height=3cm]
>> \bTABLEbody
>> \bTR
>> \bTD[align={right,top}] top \eTD
>> \bTD[align={right,lohi}] middle \eTD
>> \bTD[align={right,bottom}] bottom \eTD
>> \eTR
>> \bTR
>> \bTD[align={middle,top}] top \eTD
>> \bTD[align={middle,lohi}] middle \eTD
>> \bTD[align={middle,bottom}] bottom \eTD
>> \eTR
>> \bTR
>> \bTD[align={left,top}] top \eTD
>> \bTD[align={left,lohi}] middle \eTD
>> \bTD[align={left,bottom}] bottom \eTD
>> \eTR
>> \eTABLEbody
>> \eTABLE

* Re: Re: how to get bottom-vertical-alignment in (natural) table cells?
@ 2004-02-15 19:26     ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-02-15 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stefan,

I would not know whether it can be generalized. In text you can place
text superscript with \high{superscripted text}. Mostly I would have a
look into the "help-system" for commands. You can start it with e.g.
"texshow setuptabulate".

If you use the  SciTe editor it is you can setup it in such a way, that
you can use F1 to get this help.

Yet another way to use this help is to use http://members.ping.de:8061/
this is a tool setup by Patrick Gundlach.

Kind regards
Willi