* Re: Typesetting Korean
@ 2007-11-27  8:17 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2007-11-27  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Saji,

You contact the right person, Dohyun Kim. He is one of the expert in
KTUG and who write kor-00 module for ConTeXt.
Another way for  Korean is to use XeTeX+ ConTeXt, then you can use
some korean fonts in the system.
I think that using the module kor-00 is easier.

If there are someone who want to use korean go www.ktug.or.kr and
download the font files and module. Just untar the files in the texmf-
local directory. It is easy to use.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Dalyoung

* Re: Typesetting Korean
@ 2007-11-27  7:28 ` Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed
From: Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed @ 2007-11-27  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi ConTeXt-ers,

I solved this in consultation with Dohyun Kim of the
Korean Tex Users group. He send me a couple of
files that I untarred to my local ConTeXt tree.

% --------------- %< -------------
untarred ko.tex-unfonts-base.tar.gz  in

/home/saji/MyConText/tex/texmf-local

untarred context-kor.tar.gz

/home/saji/MyConText/tex/texmf-local/tex/context

mktexlsr

texexec --make --alone

% --------------- %< -------------

And thereafter added the following lines to the top of my
source code.

\enableregime[utf]
\usemodule[kor-00]

Hope this may be of help to someone with similar needs (someday) :)

saji

* Dohyun Kim <nomos@dongguk.edu> [2007-11-27 14:08:11 +0900]:

* Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed <saji@apcc21.net> [2007-11-27 09:57:17 +0900]:

> Hi Dalyoung,
>
> Sorry this question is not related to your original mail. We are
> typesetting some of our reports  in ConTeXt - the material is
> mostly English, but at places there are summaries in "Hangul".
>
> Any suggestions on how to input hangul in ConTeXt.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> saji
>

> * Dalyoung Jeong <haksan@mac.com> [2007-11-26 13:48:47 +0900]:
>
> > Dear Idris, Aditya, and Wolfgang,
> >
> > Thank you for the replies.
> >
> > Removing \start-stop formula and using \vcenter worked well.
> > However, adding $\displaystyle ...$ gave the strange output. The
> > location of the captions are not under the matrix. It looks like that
> > there are four columns, "matrix cap matrix cap".
> >
> > I have one more question.
> >
> > Is it possible to display three figures in a triangular shape as
> > following?
> >
> > 				<  figure 1 >
> >
> > 			< figure 2>   <figure 3>
> >
> > I tried to use \srartcombination[3*2] ... using a dummy blank figure.
> > But because of the figure 1, there is a wide blank spaces between two
> > figures.
> >
> > Thank you so much.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Dalyoung
>
> --
> Saji N. Hameed
>
> APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
> National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
> Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji@apcc21.net
> KOREA

Saji N. Hameed

APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji@apcc21.net
KOREA

* Typesetting Korean
@ 2007-11-27  0:57 Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed