* error in LMTX?
@ 2019-06-10 10:04 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2019-06-10 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

This looks to me as an error in the LMTX distribution:

tex error       > tex error on line 6 in file /Users/hansm/TeX/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-dejavu.mkiv: ! Missing } inserted

<inserted text>
}
<to be read again>
\aligntab
l.6 fontclass\aligntab
                    \fontclass\cr

Because running under my old ConTeXtBeta does not aborts with the error.
system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2019.06.01 19:11 MKIV beta  fmt: 2019.6.4  int: english/english

I looked into that file but could not see what causes the error.

dr. Hans van der Meer

* Re: error in LMTX?
@ 2019-06-10 20:21 ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2019-06-10 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans Hagen

> On 10 Jun 2019, at 12:04, Hans van der Meer <havdmeer@ziggo.nl> wrote:
>
> This looks to me as an error in the LMTX distribution:
>
> tex error       > tex error on line 6 in file /Users/hansm/TeX/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-dejavu.mkiv: ! Missing } inserted
>
> <inserted text>
> }
> <to be read again>
> \aligntab
> l.6 fontclass\aligntab
>                     \fontclass\cr
>
> Because running under my old ConTeXtBeta does not aborts with the error.
> system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2019.06.01 19:11 MKIV beta  fmt: 2019.6.4  int: english/english
>
> I looked into that file but could not see what causes the error.

I did some more research and as a result now wonder what is happening.

The error occurred in this piece of code of mine:

\tabskip=1em\halign{%
\alignmark\hfil\aligntab\alignmark\hfil\cr
fontclass\aligntab\fontclass\cr
Regular\aligntab\truefontname{Regular}\cr
}

\aligntab and \alignmark were advertised as LuaTeX equivalents for & and # respectively.

Then I took the following example from Victor Eijkhout's book "TeX by Topic", page 197, last example.
That surely should work, was the idea.

\starttext
\halign{a#&b#&c#\cr 1&2\cr 1\cr}
\stoptext

However this fails! How can such a basic example in pure TeX fail? I wonder and am curious what is happening here.

This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.00.0
tex error       > tex error on line 3 in file /Users/hansm/TeX/texmf/tex/context/user/type-loc.mkiv: ! Only one # is allowed per tab

l.3 \halign{a#&b#
               &c#\cr 1&2\cr 1\cr}

 1     \endinput
 2
 3 >>  Op NTG ConTeXt nieuwsgroep, antwoord van Hans Hagen.
 4
 5     On 1/3/2014 2:33 PM, H. van der Meer wrote:
 6     Has someone an idee what causes the unknown library message as in the
 7     log below? Is it harmful?
 8
 9     fonts           > typescripts > unknown library 'loc'
10
11     you can add a file type-loc.mkiv someplace in your local tree with
12
13     % dummy file

There should be exactly one # between &'s, when an
\halign or \valign is being set up. In this case you had
more than one, so I'm ignoring all but the first.

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 256

and using \alignmark and \aligntab this results in:

\starttext
\halign{a\alignmark\aligntab b\alignmark\aligntab c\alignmark\cr 1\aligntab 2\cr 1\cr}
\stoptext

And I am most curious how my name could turn up in the error message produced!

tex error       > tex error on line 3 in file /Users/hansm/TeX/texmf/tex/context/user/type-loc.mkiv: ! Missing } inserted

<inserted text>
}
<to be read again>
\aligntab
l.3 ...\alignmark\aligntab c\alignmark\cr 1\aligntab
                                                   2\cr 1\cr}

 1     \endinput
 2
 3 >>  Op NTG ConTeXt nieuwsgroep, antwoord van Hans Hagen.
 4
 5     On 1/3/2014 2:33 PM, H. van der Meer wrote:
 6     Has someone an idee what causes the unknown library message as in the
 7     log below? Is it harmful?
 8
 9     fonts           > typescripts > unknown library 'loc'
10
11     you can add a file type-loc.mkiv someplace in your local tree with
12
13     % dummy file

I've put in what seems to be necessary to fix
the current column of the current alignment.
Try to go on, since this might almost work.

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 256

> dr. Hans van der Meer

* Re: error in LMTX?
@ 2019-06-11  7:11   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2019-06-11  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)