* TaBle example fails
@ 2004-03-30 17:43 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2004-03-30 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am learning the TaBle package and I get the following from a verbatim
example from the manual.

\handleTABLEerror ...LE {columnspan too large}\SR
                                                  \or \fillTABLEcolumns \ttt...
l.54     "           " \use2
                             control "       " \\
?
! Emergency stop.

The \use#1 function always returns an error code.

With following input (exercise 5, p.61)

\BeginTable
    \BeginFormat
    |     r     |   c   |   c   |   r   |
    \EndFormat
    "           " \use2 control "       " \\
    "           " alive " dead  "       " \\+02
    "           & \use2 \=      &       " \\0
    " low risk  | 5     |  ~3   |   8   " \\
    "           & \use3 \=              & \\0
    " high risk | 4     |  26   |  30   " \\
    "           & \use3 \=              & \\0
    "           " 9     |  29   |  39   " \\
\EndTable

Is there a way around this snafu?

Christopher
--------------------------------o00o--------------------------------
  "Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why
   some people appear bright until you hear them speak"
                                          - Steve Wright

* Re: TaBle example fails
@ 2004-03-31 12:44 ` George N. White III
From: George N. White III @ 2004-03-31 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

> I am learning the TaBle package and I get the following from a verbatim
> example from the manual.

ConTeXt uses heavily modified macros.  There is \ObeyTableBarAndQuote,
but you still need to use the ConTeXt versions of the macros.  See
core-tab.tex.

--
George N. White III  <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>
  Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada

* Re: TaBle example fails
@ 2004-04-01 15:27   ` Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2004-04-01 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31 Mar 2004 at 8:44, George N. White III wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
>
> > I am learning the TaBle package and I get the following from a verbatim
> > example from the manual.
>
> ConTeXt uses heavily modified macros.  There is \ObeyTableBarAndQuote,
> but you still need to use the ConTeXt versions of the macros.  See
> core-tab.tex.

I see, so the TaBle manual is redundant? When's someone going to write
"The ConTeXt Book".

Christopher