* Re: Internal documentation of Context modules.
@ 2004-04-19 22:08 ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2004-04-19 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

* John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> [Apr 20, 2004 00:00]:
> The result is imperfect but more or less intelligible. It
> seems to me that there might be a script buried somewhare
> in the system that does this better. If so, what is it
> called?

do
	texexec --module FILE
basically (you need the dutch format file for this though),
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::

* Internal documentation of Context modules.
@ 2004-04-20  3:50 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2004-04-20  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have figured out that there is a way to print out the
internal documentation of the various Context modules in a
manner that makes some sense. I first use grep to extract
all the %D lines of a module into a separate file e.g.,
foo.tex. Then I eliminate the %D tag from all lines using
Vim. I add  \starttext and \stoptext statements. Then I run
texexec --pdf foo.tex.

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers

* Re: Internal documentation of Context modules.
@ 2004-04-20  8:52 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2004-04-20  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Culleton wrote:

>I have figured out that there is a way to print out the
>internal documentation of the various Context modules in a
>manner that makes some sense. I first use grep to extract
>all the %D lines of a module into a separate file e.g.,
>foo.tex. Then I eliminate the %D tag from all lines using
>Vim. I add  \starttext and \stoptext statements.

Faster than grep: texutil --documents texfile.tex
produces a TeX file called texfile.ted

>The result is imperfect but more or less intelligible. It
>seems to me that there might be a script buried somewhare
>in the system that does this better. If so, what is it
>called?

Try: texexec --module --pdf file
where FILE is a ConTeXt MP/PL/TEX file
This combines texutil --documents with texexec --pdf.

Tobias

* behavior of counter - bug or feature?
@ 2004-05-01 19:46   ` Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2004-05-01 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

though I'm not 100 \% certain, I think this behavior came up in the
latest release of ConTeXt. For my manuscripts for talks, I have defined
a nice little counter like this

\newcounter\slidecounter

\define\sln{\increment\slidecounter \color[red]{[\slidecounter]} }

which allows me to just type \sln when I want to mark a spot where I
want to show a new slide, and it will give the number in red, between
brackets. OK, this has been working for quite a while, but recently, I
have observed a strange behavior: if I use the command within an
itemize-group, it will count normally, but after the \stopitemize, the
counter will be reset to the value before the itemization. I can't
swear to it, but I'm reasonably certain that this wasn't the case
before. Is it possible that something was broken, Hans?

Best wishes (especially to our new fellow-citizens)

Thomas

* Re: behavior of counter - bug or feature?
@ 2004-05-04 15:56     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-05-04 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 21:46 01/05/2004, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>though I'm not 100 \% certain, I think this behavior came up in the latest
>release of ConTeXt. For my manuscripts for talks, I have defined a nice
>little counter like this
>
>\newcounter\slidecounter
>
>\define\sln{\increment\slidecounter \color[red]{[\slidecounter]} }
>
>which allows me to just type \sln when I want to mark a spot where I want
>to show a new slide, and it will give the number in red, between brackets.
>OK, this has been working for quite a while, but recently, I have observed
>a strange behavior: if I use the command within an itemize-group, it will
>count normally, but after the \stopitemize, the counter will be reset to
>the value before the itemization. I can't swear to it, but I'm reasonably
>certain that this wasn't the case before. Is it possible that something
>was broken, Hans?
>
>Best wishes (especially to our new fellow-citizens)

use \doglobal\increment instead

(also, use names like \Sln so that there will never be conflicts with
existing macros; i wouldnot be surprised if there will be a math function
sln some day)

Hans

* Re: behavior of counter - bug or feature?
@ 2004-05-06  8:30       ` Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2004-05-06  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 4, 2004, at 5:56 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> use \doglobal\increment instead
Hans, thanks, works as expected!

> (also, use names like \Sln so that there will never be conflicts with
> existing macros; i wouldnot be surprised if there will be a math
> function sln some day)

Darn, caught in the act! Promise I will be a good boy next time ;-)

Thanks

Thomas