* How to export to PDF-A?
@ 2016-05-16 11:38 Matija Šuklje
From: Matija Šuklje @ 2016-05-16 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear ConTeXt community,

There is a document I wrote in ConTeXt that I’m required to submit
in PDF-A.

I’ve already done my RTFM homework:
	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF/A
including links in it,
but can’t figure out how to apply it in practice.

So far I’ve identified two possible issues:

 •	I haven’t set it right in the source
	https://gitlab.com/fla-llm-thesis/fla-llm-thesis/
	https://gitlab.com/context-modules/pful

 •	The ICC profiles aren’t in the right place – I can’t
	figure out where they should be on a Linux system.

Help much appreciated!

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm:	tel:+386.41.849.552
www:	http://matija.suklje.name

* Re: How to export to PDF-A?
@ 2016-05-16 13:19 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-05-16 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/16/2016 01:38 PM, Matija Šuklje wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt community,
>
> There is a document I wrote in ConTeXt that I’m required to submit
> in PDF-A.
>
> I’ve already done my RTFM homework:
> 	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF/A
> including links in it,
> but can’t figure out how to apply it in practice.

Hi Matija,

evince identifies the format as "PDF/A - 1a" in
https://gitlab.com/fla-llm-thesis/fla-llm-thesis/raw/master/diplomska.pdf.

I know nothing about PDF/A in ConTeXt, but why do you think your
document is wrong?

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: How to export to PDF-A?
@ 2016-05-17 12:47 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2016-05-17 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.05.2016 um 13:38 schrieb Matija Šuklje:
> Dear ConTeXt community,
>
> There is a document I wrote in ConTeXt that I’m required to submit
> in PDF-A.
>
> I’ve already done my RTFM homework:
> 	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF/A
> including links in it,
> but can’t figure out how to apply it in practice.

You should add

\enabletrackers[backend.format,backend.variables]

to get some more info (see if things go right or wrong).

> So far I’ve identified two possible issues:
>
>  •	I haven’t set it right in the source
> 	https://gitlab.com/fla-llm-thesis/fla-llm-thesis/
> 	https://gitlab.com/context-modules/pful
>
>  •	The ICC profiles aren’t in the right place – I can’t
> 	figure out where they should be on a Linux system.

see 'ICC profiles' at

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDFX

The ICC part should still be valid (where to put the profiles), but some
of the infos are outdated.

Q: does it have to be '1a'? '1b' is less restrictive

Q: what color profiles should be used? looks like gray only, so
default_gray.icc should be sufficient

quick PDF/A-1b:2005 preflight with my outdated Acrobat 9:

- color problems (probably the missing profiles)
- font problems (seems to be Type 1 related, I donno)
  Luigi mentions this in his article (8.pdf)
- both icons on page 2 contain transparency (which is not allowed)
- no interaction allowed (\setupinteraction[state=start,click=yes,...)
  no need to change links, references, etc.; just disable interaction in
general (state=stop)

Also: your ConTeXt version is from 2013; please update (but keep a copy
of the old version), as there is the possibility, that some of the
problems are already fixed

Just make some changes and report back. Problems are solved one by one ;)

Best wishes,

Peter