* Re: \title in the table of contents
@ 2004-05-21 12:11 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2004-05-21 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:07:26 +0000
Michal Kvasnicka <quasar@econ.muni.cz> wrote:

> So, how can I have not-numbered chapters which don't increment the
> chapter number placed in the table of contents?

When I've had to do this I have used separate chapter lists. See the
section "Table of contents with different sections" in:

    http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                              History of Astronomy
http://sattre-press.com/               During the 19th Century

* \title in the table of contents
@ 2004-05-21 13:07 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2004-05-21 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening.

I'm sorry to post one more rahter simple question, but I'm desperate
because I can't solve it myself.

In my document I use numbered chapters (\chapter) and non-numbered
chapters (\title). I want both to be in the table of content. How can I
do it? I tried two solutions, but none worked.

First I tried:
    \definehead[title][chapter]
    \setuphead[title][number=no, command=\MyTitleCommand]
This puts the title to the table of content, but it increases the
chapter number, so
    \title{Foreword}
    \title{Introduction}
    \chapter{First chapter}
makes that the First chapter has number 3.

Then I tried
    \definehead[title][chapter]
    \setuphead[title][number=no, incrementnumber=no,
command=\MyTitleCommand]
which has the same effect as only
    \setuphead[title][number=no, command=\MyTitleCommand]
without the \definehead line -- titles are not placed into the table of
contents.

So, how can I have not-numbered chapters which don't increment the
chapter number placed in the table of contents?

Many thanks
M.K.

* Re: \title in the table of contents
@ 2004-05-24 16:10   ` Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2004-05-24 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill McClain wrote:

>On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:07:26 +0000
>Michal Kvasnicka <quasar@econ.muni.cz> wrote:
>

>>So, how can I have not-numbered chapters which don't increment the
>>chapter number placed in the table of contents?
>>

>When I've had to do this I have used separate chapter lists. See the
>section "Table of contents with different sections" in:
>
>    http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html
>
>-Bill

Many thanks. This solves the problem. I would prefer a more general
solution, but this is sufficient for the present time. I've also
bookmarked  your page -- it's nice.

Many thanks to you once more.
M.K.