* MPost: how to pass variables from mpost to TeX.
@ 2004-06-13 16:14 vinuth madinur
From: vinuth madinur @ 2004-06-13 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,
              My mpost doesn’t have “textext” macro.
So, what are the other ways of doing it?

What I want to do is this :

%I have a variable “GbLableName”
GbLableName=”B_2”;

%Now I want to use this variable like this:

lable.bot( btex GbLableName etex , (0,0) );

But this will just display “GbLableName” instead of “B_2”.

So can someone please tell how this can be done? I know too little about TeX.

Someone suggested about using  “Textext” macro. But my MPost version doesn’t have it.
So are there any other ways of doing it?

Looking forward for it……..

Vinuth.M.Madinur.

Powered by Outblaze

* Re: MPost: how to pass variables from mpost to TeX.
@ 2004-06-13 17:05 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-06-13 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

>               My mpost doesn’t have “textext” macro.
> So, what are the other ways of doing it?

Sorry, I thought you were using metafun (since you asked on the
ConTeXt mailing list I didn't think of using plain mp)

You have to do something like that is described at:

http://www.ursoswald.ch/metapost/tutorial/DynamicTeXLabels.html

Patrick

(I hope I understand your problem right)

* Re: MPost: how to pass variables from mpost to TeX.
@ 2004-06-13 21:21 ` Hans Hagen Outside
From: Hans Hagen Outside @ 2004-06-13 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

vinuth madinur wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>              My mpost doesn’t have “textext” macro.
>So, what are the other ways of doing it?
>
>What I want to do is this :
>
>%I have a variable “GbLableName”
>GbLableName=”B_2”;
>
>%Now I want to use this variable like this:
>
>lable.bot( btex GbLableName etex , (0,0) );
>
>But this will just display “GbLableName” instead of “B_2”.
>
>So can someone please tell how this can be done? I know too little about TeX.
>
>Someone suggested about using  “Textext” macro. But my MPost version doesn’t have it.
>So are there any other ways of doing it?

btex ... etex is scanned by some mp tools and then tex'd; no expansion takes place then, so GBLableName becomes text

textext is more clever;

why not use metafun then? it has everything metapost + more

also,

\starttext

\startMPpage
   your code
\stopMPpage

\stoptext

with

(texexec --pdf thatfile.tex)

will work ok; from within metafun/context you can use text variables (\MPstring and such); see metafun manual

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-06-11 13:05 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-06-11 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

perhaps http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/15153 can
help you?

Patrick

PS: Please don't post HTML mails

* MPOST: How to pass variables from mpost to TeX
@ 2004-06-11 12:00 vinuth madinur
From: vinuth madinur @ 2004-06-11 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)