* Re: Question ConTeXt
       [not found] <41842.80.58.5.46.1087292438.squirrel@bitmail.bitmailer.com>
@ 2004-06-15 13:17 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-06-15 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

jimarin@bayesinf.com wrote:

>Another quick question about ConTeXt.

you need to use th eproper encoding (say ec or texnansi or .. to get 8
bit input working)

you can best ask on the context list what  other spanish users use

>I understand that using
>
>\language[es] (or \mainlanguage[es])
>
>would select correct hyphenation patterns for Spanish. Is this correct?
>
>and then...
>
>can I enter text with proper Spanish accents in it, like in...
>
>\starttext
>
>¡No sé cómo explicarlo bien!
>
>¿Entiendes español?
>
>\stoptext
>
>Or do I have to use \{'o} or something on those lines...(that would be
>terrible I guess...)
>

>Thanks in advance for being there !!
>
>Jose Ignacio

>Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd op virussen.
>Op http://www.planet.nl/evs staat een verwijzing naar de actuele lijst waar op wordt gecontroleerd.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-06-21 14:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-06-21 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

[forwarded to the context list]

jimarin@bayesinf.com wrote:

>Another quick question about ConTeXt.
>
>I understand that using
>
>\language[es] (or \mainlanguage[es])
>
>would select correct hyphenation patterns for Spanish. Is this correct?
>
>and then...
>
>can I enter text with proper Spanish accents in it, like in...
>
>\starttext
>
>¡No sé cómo explicarlo bien!
>
>¿Entiendes español?
>
>\stoptext
>
>Or do I have to use \{'o} or something on those lines...(that would be
>terrible I guess...)
>

>Thanks in advance for being there !!
>
>Jose Ignacio

>Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd op virussen.
>Op http://www.planet.nl/evs staat een verwijzing naar de actuele lijst waar op wordt gecontroleerd.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Re: Question ConTeXt
@ 2004-06-21 16:36   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-06-21 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: jimarin

Am 21.06.2004 um 16:04 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> [forwarded to the context list]
>
> jimarin@bayesinf.com wrote:
>
>> I understand that using
>> \language[es] (or \mainlanguage[es])
>> would select correct hyphenation patterns for Spanish. Is this
>> correct?

Yes.

>> and then...
>> can I enter text with proper Spanish accents in it, like in...

No.
Input encoding has nothing to do with hyphenation patterns.
In ConTeXt the input encoding is called "regime":
\enableregime[il1] % iso latin 1, try utf8 if your editor does support
it

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/