* PPCHTeX and (non)standard bond angles
@ 2004-06-19  0:11 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2004-06-19  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Perhaps there is some other better place to post this question, but
since "ConTeXt" has put quite some effort to be compatible with it and
since I cannot subscribe to ntg-ppchtex: I've tried to draw some
chemical formulas with PPCTeX and wasn't able to find any option,
allowing to visualize sp2 hibridisation on ONE atoms (i.e. 120 degrees).
It is possible to make some "approximation" (2,4,7 for example), but it
looks far away from perfect - the angles should be EXACTLY 120 degrees
in that case (the same goes for NEWMAN).
(some other, but maybe more exotic problems include PH_3, NH_3 for
example, not forgetting about water)

/
P-H
\

- Does there exist anything that would make SB and other bonds in ONE
extent to the center of atom (the centar atom needs not be specified if
it is C atom); perhaps R? How may I draw '/\/\/' for heksane (with angle
109 degrees)?

- How can I name only one atom in the ring? (with the other places being
filled with lines)

Thank you,
     Mojca Miklavec

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-06-19  0:11 UTC | newest]