From: Gary Pajer <pajer@iname.com>
Subject: Re: Re: itemize
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:02:45 -0400	[thread overview]

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Me stupid! Willi, this message made my day. I've been using ConTeXt
> for more than a year now, but I was never able to figure out what
> setupitemize [.1.] .1. number each meant. So it's the level of
> itemization. Thanks, that should make things easier. And many thanks
> to Patrick and to you for pointing out the left= option. ConTeXt and
> the number of options it gives never cease to amaze me!

since we're back on the topic of itemize, I'll repost a question that
I've posted here before:

It seems to me that the 'before' and 'after' keywords used in the third
argument of \setupitemize are operative only if 'columns' are also
specified.  In the example below, the hairlines disappear if the 'columns'
keyword is eliminated.

Feature, bug, or misunderstanding?

BTW:   can the lengths of the two hairlines in this example be made to be
the same length?  What's causing the indentation of the first hairline?

Regards,
Gary

---------

\setupitemize[2][a,packed,columns][before={\hairline},after={\hairline}]
\setupitemize[1][n]

\starttext
\startitemize
%