* arranging pages with transpparency color
@ 2004-06-30 12:01 Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2004-06-30 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans and others,

there is a problem with arranging pages with transparency color. See code:
------------------
\setuppapersize[A5,landscape][A4]
\setuparranging[2TOPSIDE]

\setupcolors[state=start]
\definecolor[tcBlack][s=0, t=.5, a=normal]

\starttext
   \switchtobodyfont[20pt]
   \dorecurse{1}{Page \color[tcBlack]{\recurselevel}\page}%
   \dorecurse{4}{Page \recurselevel\page}%
\stoptext
--------------------
Acroread (win 6.0.1) is complaining on the resulting PDF obtaining by
   texexec --arrange
The message from AR is:
   There was an error reading a page. There was a problem processing a
   document(14).
 From a previous version of AR I obtained more informative message:
   Could not find extended graphic state name Tr1

Necessary conditions:
1) transparent color on at least one page
2) arranging pages on sheets
3) number of pages exceeds one sheet

Observation:
If do not use switch --arrange and compile the file two times the error
does not occure. (But the result is not correct due to missing table of
content etc.)
It seems to me the problem is with managing transparen resources from
sheet to sheet.

Vit Zyka

* Re: arranging pages with transpparency color
@ 2004-06-30 13:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-06-30 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:

> Hi Hans and others,
>
> there is a problem with arranging pages with transparency color. See
> code:
> ------------------
> \setuppapersize[A5,landscape][A4]
> \setuparranging[2TOPSIDE]
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \definecolor[tcBlack][s=0, t=.5, a=normal]
>
> \starttext
>   \switchtobodyfont[20pt]
>   \dorecurse{1}{Page \color[tcBlack]{\recurselevel}\page}%
>   \dorecurse{4}{Page \recurselevel\page}%
> \stoptext
> --------------------
> Acroread (win 6.0.1) is complaining on the resulting PDF obtaining by
>   texexec --arrange
> The message from AR is:
>   There was an error reading a page. There was a problem processing a
>   document(14).
> From a previous version of AR I obtained more informative message:
>   Could not find extended graphic state name Tr1
>
> Necessary conditions:
> 1) transparent color on at least one page
> 2) arranging pages on sheets
> 3) number of pages exceeds one sheet
>
> Observation:
> If do not use switch --arrange and compile the file two times the
> error does not occure. (But the result is not correct due to missing
> table of content etc.)
> It seems to me the problem is with managing transparen resources from
> sheet to sheet.

The problem is that object numbers are different between the normal and
the arranged run.  So, in this case you can best define a separate job
for imposition:

\setuppapersize[A5,landscape][A4]
\setuparranging[2TOPSIDE]
\setuplayout[page]
\starttext
\insertpages[test.pdf][width=0pt]
\stoptext

Solutions are:

(1) split utility file into document and backend part (take some work)
(2) use forward refs (possible in latest pdftex, but i wait with using
that till i can be sure that teh new versions are around)

and for the moment:

(3) define a separate job

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE