* poster, howto for beginner
@ 2004-07-05 12:50 Eros Albertazzi
From: Eros Albertazzi @ 2004-07-05 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to start using ConText to create a scientific presentation
poster to be printed in A0 or smaller size
A single sheet of pubblication in which text and figures with captions,
can be framed and putted on the page in row and colum, equally
distibuted or not.
A loose layout example can be the attaced one.

Any hint on where to find an howto guide, a template or a beginner
document to start from?

How ConText is suited for the purpose and popular for this goal?

Regards.

--
Eros Albertazzi
CNR-IMM, Sez. Bologna

[-- Attachment #2: temp.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 503 bytes --]

|--------------------------|
|          title	   |
|--------------------------|
|			   |
|  |-------|   |-------|   |
|  | title |   | title |   |
|  | text  |   | fig   |   |
|  |	   |   |       |   |
|  |	   |   |       |   |
|  |	   |   |       |   |
|  |-------|   |-------|   |
|			   |
|  |-------|   |-------|   |
|  | title |   | title |   |
|  | more  |   | fig   |   |
|  | tex   |   |       |   |
|  |-------|   |-------|   |
|                          |
|--------------------------|

* Re: poster, howto for beginner
@ 2004-07-06 16:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-07-06 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eros Albertazzi wrote:

> I would like to start using ConText to create a scientific presentation
> poster to be printed in A0 or smaller size
> A single sheet of pubblication in which text and figures with captions,
> can be framed (i.e. boxed) and putted on the page in row and colum,
> equally distibuted or not.
> A loose layout wish can be the attaced one.
>
> Any hint on where to find an howto guide, a template or a beginner
> document to start from?
>
> How ConText is suited for this purpose and popular for this goal?

\setuppapersize[A0][oversized]

\setuplayout[location=middle,marking=on]

\setuplayout[page]

\definelayer[page][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]

\starttext

\startbuffer[a]
   \input ward
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[b]
   \input ward
\stopbuffer

\setlayerframed[page][preset=lefttop,    x=2cm,y=2cm][width=5cm,align=normal]{\getbuffer[a]}
\setlayerframed[page][preset=rightbottom,x=2cm,y=2cm][width=6cm,align=normal]{\getbuffer[b]}

\startstandardmakeup\flushlayer[page]\stopstandardmakeup

\stoptext

an other alternative is columnsets (see columns.pdf)

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* poster, howto for beginner
@ 2004-07-06  8:35 Eros Albertazzi
From: Eros Albertazzi @ 2004-07-06  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to start using ConText to create a scientific presentation
poster to be printed in A0 or smaller size
A single sheet of pubblication in which text and figures with captions,
can be framed (i.e. boxed) and putted on the page in row and colum,
equally distibuted or not.
A loose layout wish can be the attaced one.

Any hint on where to find an howto guide, a template or a beginner
document to start from?

How ConText is suited for this purpose and popular for this goal?

Regards.

[-- Attachment #2: temp.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 504 bytes --]

|--------------------------|
|          title	   |
|--------------------------|
|			   |