* \mathpunctuationtrue and latest beta
@ 2004-07-10 10:14 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2004-07-10 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
for some reasons I need something like this:

\mathpunctuationtrue
\def\MyMacro#1{\stoptable\par#1}
\starttext
\starttable[|c|]
\NC1\NC\AR
\MyMacro{Peter, Olivier} % problem with comma
\stoptext

But with the latest beta version, this works no more. Could you help please?
Greetings, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/
_____________________________________

* Re: \mathpunctuationtrue and latest beta
@ 2004-07-14 13:38 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-07-14 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:

>Hello,
>for some reasons I need something like this:
>
>\mathpunctuationtrue
>\def\MyMacro#1{\stoptable\par#1}
>\starttext
>\starttable[|c|]
>\NC1\NC\AR
>\MyMacro{Peter, Olivier} % problem with comma
>\stoptext
>
>But with the latest beta version, this works no more. Could you help please?
>Greetings, Peter

actually this is a combined problem:

(1) in table there is a math switch (the following patch removes that one)

and

(2) you feed #1 to the macro while still in table mode and therefore in
the math mode (outer box) and so the , is active etc etc, a solution for
that is (for the unpatched table macro) to do a two step macro

\unprotect

\def\!ttBeginTableA[#1]{%
  \if #1u%                  % "unboxed" table
    \ifmmode
      \def\!ttEndTable{%    % user had better be in display math mode
        \relax}%            %   and have only one table at the outer level
    \else                   % user had better be in vertical mode
      \bgroup
      \def\!ttEndTable{%
        \egroup}%
    \fi
  \else
    %\hbox\bgroup $
    %\def\!ttEndTable{%
    %  \egroup %   for the \vtop, \vbox, or \vcenter, yet to come
    %  $%          for math mode
    %  \egroup}%   for the \hbox
    %\if #1t%
    %  \vtop
    %\else
    %  \if #1b%
    %    \vbox
    %  \else
    %    \vcenter % math mode was essential for this
    %  \fi
    %\fi
    %
    \hbox\bgroup
    \def\!ttEndTable{\egroup\egroup}%
    \if#1t%
      \vtop
    \else\if#1b%
      \vbox
    \else
      \def\!ttEndTable{\egroup$\egroup}%
      %$\vcenter
      \scratchtoks\everymath\everymath\emptytoks$\everymath\scratchtoks\vcenter
    \fi\fi
    %
    \bgroup % for the \vtop, \vbox, or \vcenter
  \fi
  \advance\!taRecursionLevel 1 % RecursionLevel governs initialization
  \let\!ttRightGlue=\relax  % This may be changed by \JustCenter, etc
  \everycr={}
  \ifnum \!taRecursionLevel=1
    \!ttInitializeTable
  \fi}