* Parameter "first" of \setupindenting works?
@ 2014-12-01 14:55 19cat
From: 19cat @ 2014-12-01 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I set the indentation of the first paragraph with \setupindenting, but "first" opcion does not work.
	\setupindenting[yes,medium,first]

Does anyone know what happens?

Thanks,

19cat

* Re: Parameter "first" of \setupindenting works?
@ 2014-12-01 18:00 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-12-01 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/01/2014 03:55 PM, 19cat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I set the indentation of the first paragraph with \setupindenting, but "first" opcion does not work.
> 	\setupindenting[yes,medium,first]
>
> Does anyone know what happens?

Hi,

could you paste a minimal sample or at least describe what you intend to
achieve?

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Parameter "first" of \setupindenting works?
@ 2014-12-01 18:45   ` 19cat
From: 19cat @ 2014-12-01 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry.

This is a minimal sample. And first paragraph always is not indented.

[-- Attachment #2: indent.tex --]

\setupindenting[yes,medium,first]

\starttext

\chapter{Chapter}

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque sit amet diam malesuada, fermentum sapien sit amet, pharetra sapien. Quisque a felis ornare ipsum mollis volutpat et lobortis dolor. Etiam consequat sapien in tellus congue, mattis placerat quam sodales. Nulla lectus tellus, molestie eu accumsan ac, viverra eget lorem. Donec in condimentum orci. Sed luctus aliquet malesuada. Nulla porttitor facilisis arcu, pellentesque luctus magna semper eu. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Pellentesque dignissim elit id quam eleifend, quis varius eros molestie. Curabitur dui felis, congue quis dictum ac, finibus vitae lorem. Maecenas mattis, magna quis faucibus euismod, nunc lectus efficitur ex, nec accumsan augue libero ac erat. Nunc eu
 sollicitudin massa, eu cursus dui.

Maecenas dignissim ex ultricies, auctor sapien hendrerit, porta quam. Proin sed ex ipsum. Praesent laoreet consequat eros sit amet semper. In arcu nisi, faucibus id felis ac, mollis consectetur enim. Nullam hendrerit elit ac augue tristique scelerisque. Morbi tristique venenatis neque, quis scelerisque ex pulvinar sed. Nulla pulvinar lectus faucibus magna rhoncus consectetur. Ut blandit, purus non venenatis dapibus, ipsum orci faucibus augue, a venenatis ante ex sit amet sapien. Duis consequat eleifend erat sed fermentum. Proin quis auctor turpis, id gravida lorem. Fusce lacus felis, ornare vel laoreet et, bibendum malesuada erat. Nulla ac tempus est.

Praesent porta egestas libero eu ullamcorper. Aliquam erat volutpat. Integer tempus purus eros, et iaculis ante vestibulum et. Maecenas pellentesque nibh sit amet quam venenatis posuere. Donec ullamcorper, metus nec dictum fermentum, metus tellus pretium ex, non iaculis sapien dolor non lectus. Vestibulum et maximus eros. Ut ac augue consequat, euismod neque sed, condimentum mi. Mauris placerat cursus justo, non iaculis mauris euismod commodo. Nullam id nisl id eros posuere ullamcorper.

\stoptext

19cat

@ 2014-12-01 18:54     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-12-01 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 1 Dec 2014, 19cat wrote:

> Sorry.
>
> This is a minimal sample. And first paragraph always is not indented.

You need to add

\setuphead[chapter][indentnext={yes,first}] (or simply indentnext=yes)

See:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Indentation#Setting_up_indentation_after_an_environment

Aditya

* Re: Parameter "first" of \setupindenting works?
@ 2014-12-01 19:05       ` 19cat
From: 19cat @ 2014-12-01 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you,

Now, "first/next" parameter works.

But I must add same line for "section", "subsection", "subsubsection", ...  :-(

19cat

@ 2014-12-01 20:23         ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-12-01 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/01/2014 08:05 PM, 19cat wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> Now, "first/next" parameter works.
>
> But I must add same line for "section", "subsection", "subsubsection", ...  :-(

\setupheads[indentnext=yes] will do the work.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Parameter "first" of \setupindenting works?
@ 2014-12-02  4:16           ` 19cat
From: 19cat @ 2014-12-02  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is what I was looking for.

I need read more, about ConText.

Thanks everyone

El 01/12/2014, a les 8:23 p.m., Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> va escriure:

@ 2014-12-02  7:33           ` 19cat
From: 19cat @ 2014-12-02  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have another question, using this \setupheads solution.

When I use \title and \subject the result of "first" and "next" options of \setupindenting are omitted.

While in \chapter and \sections with \setupheads[indentnext={yes,first}] command, first paragraph indent is controled with "first/next" option in \setupindenting[yes,medium,next], in \title and \subject only change modifying indentnext to yes/no in  \setuphead[subject].

Is this normal?

Sample:
	\setupheads[indentnext={yes,first}]
	%\setuphead[subject][indentnext=no]	% uncomment for indent in \subject
	\setupindenting[yes,medium,next]

	\starttext
		\chapter{Chapter}
		\section{Section}
		\input knuth

		\subject{Subject}
		\input knuth
	\stoptext

19cat

@ 2014-12-02  9:49             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-12-02  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 02.12.2014 um 08:33 schrieb 19cat <di@nou.cat>:
>
> I have another question, using this \setupheads solution.
>
> When I use \title and \subject the result of "first" and "next" options of \setupindenting are omitted.
>
> While in \chapter and \sections with \setupheads[indentnext={yes,first}] command, first paragraph indent is controled with "first/next" option in \setupindenting[yes,medium,next], in \title and \subject only change modifying indentnext to yes/no in  \setuphead[subject].
>
> Is this normal?

The indentnext key accepts only the three values

  - yes,
  - no and
  - auto.

Other values like your “yes,first” (which is here a single keyword with a comma in the name and not a list) are ignored by context.

Wolfgang

* Re: Parameter "first" of \setupindenting works?
@ 2014-12-02 15:12               ` 19cat
From: 19cat @ 2014-12-02 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I understood that:
 - indent first paragraph after heads is configured with "indentnext" of \setuphead .
 - "first/next" option of \setupindenting refers only first paragraf of document before heads.

That is correct?

19cat

El 02/12/2014, a les 9:49 a.m., Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> va escriure:

@ 2014-12-02 17:26               ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-12-02 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2014, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> Am 02.12.2014 um 08:33 schrieb 19cat <di@nou.cat>:
>>
>> I have another question, using this \setupheads solution.
>>
>> When I use \title and \subject the result of "first" and "next" options of \setupindenting are omitted.
>>
>> While in \chapter and \sections with \setupheads[indentnext={yes,first}] command, first paragraph indent is controled with "first/next" option in \setupindenting[yes,medium,next], in \title and \subject only change modifying indentnext to yes/no in  \setuphead[subject].
>>
>> Is this normal?
>
> The indentnext key accepts only the three values
>
>  - yes,
>  - no and
>  - auto.
>
> Other values like your “yes,first” (which is here a single keyword with a comma in the name and not a list) are ignored by context.

Ah, of course. Sorry for giving the wrong info.

Aditya

* Re: Parameter "first" of \setupindenting works?
@ 2014-12-06 11:29                 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-12-06 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/02/2014 04:12 PM, 19cat wrote:
> Well, I understood that:
>  - indent first paragraph after heads is configured with "indentnext" of \setuphead .
>  - "first/next" option of \setupindenting refers only first paragraf of document before heads.
>
> That is correct?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Yes, indentnext indents next paragraph after element (not only used with
heads).

With trial and error, the next option from \setupindeting seems to
indent the paragraphs other than the first. First indents all
paragraphs, which seems to be the default behaviour.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Parameter "first" of \setupindenting works?
@ 2014-12-06 11:39                   ` 19cat
From: 19cat @ 2014-12-06 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks,

I test it, with trial and error, from yours comments.

19cat

El 06/12/2014, a les 11:29 a.m., Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> va escriure:

@ 2014-12-06 17:29                   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-12-06 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:

> With trial and error,

Was the explanation on the wiki not clear on this?