* Strange error ...
@ 2004-07-25 15:19 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-07-25 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I got a simple drawing madeup in Metapost, which is then compiled into a
pdf file with context.
Now that I want to include this graphic in a text I stumble over the
following:

pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11a-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
ConTeXt  ver: 2004.6.30  fmt: 2004.7.21
Error: PDF version 1.5 -- xpdf supports version 1.4 (continuing anyway)
Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Error: Couldn't read xref table

subsubject     : - De tekst op het Gabarit

Error: pdfetex.exe (file ./gabarit.pdf): xpdf: reading PDF image failed
  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!

Does anybody have a clue what happens?

Kind regards Willi

* Re: Strange error ...
@ 2004-07-25 15:33 ` Hans Hagen Outside
From: Hans Hagen Outside @ 2004-07-25 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got a simple drawing madeup in Metapost, which is then compiled into
> a pdf file with context.
> Now that I want to include this graphic in a text I stumble over the
> following:
>
> pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11a-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
> ConTeXt  ver: 2004.6.30  fmt: 2004.7.21
> Error: PDF version 1.5 -- xpdf supports version 1.4 (continuing anyway)
> Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
> Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
> Error: Couldn't read xref table
>
> subsubject     : - De tekst op het Gabarit
>
> Error: pdfetex.exe (file ./gabarit.pdf): xpdf: reading PDF image failed
>  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!

try \pdfminorversion=5

is the to be included pdf file ok  ?

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Strange error ...
@ 2004-07-25 16:34   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-07-25 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.

The pdf-file resulting from compilation of the metapost code can
perfectly be opend in acrobat 6. Acrobat 5 opens the file after giving
a warning "this file may contain infromation... newer version"

Where to put the \pdfminorversion=5. When put into the ConTeXt
source-file it creates an undefined controlsequence error.

Kind regards Willi
Hans Hagen Outside wrote:

> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I got a simple drawing madeup in Metapost, which is then compiled into
>> a pdf file with context.
>> Now that I want to include this graphic in a text I stumble over the
>> following:
>>
>> pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11a-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
>> ConTeXt  ver: 2004.6.30  fmt: 2004.7.21
>> Error: PDF version 1.5 -- xpdf supports version 1.4 (continuing anyway)
>> Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
>> Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
>> Error: Couldn't read xref table
>>
>> subsubject     : - De tekst op het Gabarit
>>
>> Error: pdfetex.exe (file ./gabarit.pdf): xpdf: reading PDF image failed
>>  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!
>

> try \pdfminorversion=5
> is the to be included pdf file ok  ?
>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com

* Re: Strange error ...
@ 2004-07-25 20:16     ` Hans Hagen Outside
From: Hans Hagen Outside @ 2004-07-25 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the fast reply.
>
> The pdf-file resulting from compilation of the metapost code can
> perfectly be opend in acrobat 6. Acrobat 5 opens the file after giving
> a warning "this file may contain infromation... newer version"
>
> Where to put the \pdfminorversion=5. When put into the ConTeXt
> source-file it creates an undefined controlsequence error.

i put it in spec-tpd

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE