* [Fwd: unicode editor? [please forward]]
@ 2004-07-26  8:22 Hans Hagen Outside
From: Hans Hagen Outside @ 2004-07-26  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

[-- Attachment #2: unicode editor? [please forward] --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3782 bytes --]

From: ishamid <ishamid@lamar.colostate.edu>
To: Hans Hagen Outside <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: unicode editor? [please forward]
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:00:10 -0600

[for forwarding to the list]
Dear knights of the round table,

I generally do my Arabic work in Aleph/eomega in Latin transcription mode, but
things are at a point now where I would like to code TeX using unicode (and a
unicode otp filter). Now I use WinEdT and really love it (I even designed
buttons for for a few functions), but the maintainer has indicated that it
will be quite some time before WinEdT supports unicode+right-to-left
typesetting. Are any of you aware of a good multi-platform (thinking of
switching to Linux again) unicode editor? (and no, at this time I'm not ready
to spend months (re-)learning/fighting/cursing XEmacs;-> (could never get MULE
to work anyway...))

Hans and others use SciTE. Does it provide Unicode/bidirectional support
support?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I hate the thought of leaving WinEdT
after so many years but I may have no choice:-(

Best
Idris

Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd op virussen.
Op http://www.planet.nl/evs staat een verwijzing naar de actuele lijst waar op wordt gecontroleerd.

* Re: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-26 16:11 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-07-26 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hans and others use SciTE. Does it provide Unicode/bidirectional
> support
> support?

You can set it up to use UTF-8, but I don't think it supports r-t-l or
bidi.
http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---