* more footnotes:-)
@ 2004-07-22 18:22 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-07-22 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear partners in crime,

I have come across a situation where, in a left-to-right document, I need to
make the footnotes operate right to left: that is, the footnote numeral and
rule should be on the right side of the page. Now when using the global
direction changes that eomega/Gamma offers, this is trivial for a global
right-to-left document (\pagedir TRT and \bodydir TRT are the global
settings), but in a globally left-to-right document I have not been able to
get this to work locally.

To explain:

\textdir TRT

and

\pardir TRT

locally switch the text and paragraph directions respectively, but not the
footnote markers and rule. This is correct behavior of course. But I have an
article that includes a long right-to-left extract with footnotes, and those
footnotes need to be RL in the sense described above (numeral + rule). Is
there any way to add a parameter option to \setupfoonotes which,
between---say, a \start-\stop---that can locally switch the location of the
numeral and marker to RL?

Please help: I'm supposed to send this thing to the printer next week:-))

Best
Idris

PS \pagedir TRT and \bodydir TRT don't seem to help this proble when applied
in a local context.

* more footnotes:-)
@ 2004-07-23 17:32 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2004-07-23 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* RE: more footnotes:-)
@ 2004-07-28 14:47 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-07-28 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

>% program=aleph output=dvipdfmx
>
>% the next texexec will automatically generate pdf which is handy for
>scit eusers -)

Does the latest fpTeX carry dvipdfmx (r u still using fpTeX)? I must confess
I'm still using odvips-ps2pdf for all of my output...

Best
Idris

[parent not found: <410D9171@webmail.colostate.edu>]