* Understanding registers command
@ 2004-07-23  4:36 Salman Khilji
From: Salman Khilji @ 2004-07-23  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

From the BM, I copied the following and created a file named junk.tex.

\starttext
\defineregister[street][streets]
\street{Ridderstraat}
\placestreets
\stoptext

However, texexec gives me the following:

! Undefined control sequence.
<recently read> \placestreets

l.4 \placestreets

?

* Re: Understanding registers command
@ 2004-08-01 18:10 ` Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2004-08-01 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Salman Khilji wrote:

> \starttext
> \defineregister[street][streets]
> \street{Ridderstraat}
> \placestreets
> \stoptext
>
> However, texexec gives me the following:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <recently read> \placestreets

As far as I can see, \defineregister, or more precisely
\dodefinieerregister, completely ignores its second argument.  I guess
the #1 in the \setvalue lines (but not the other lines) of

    \setvalue{\e!plaats#1}%
      {\doplaatsregister[#1]}%
    \setvalue{\e!volledige#1}%
      {\dovolledigregister[#1]}%

should be #2.  But that would change \completeindex to \completeindices,
which would again contradict the manual, so below therewould have to be
another change, from

\definieerregister
   [\v!index]
   [\v!indices]

\definieerregister
   [\v!index]
   [\v!index]

Note that \placestreet and \completestreet do work.

regards,
	Christopher Creutzig

* Re: Understanding registers command
@ 2004-08-02 11:18   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-08-02 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

This looked suspiciously familiar. And indeed, my bib module has the same
problem:

  % Hans, Wat is er mis met [pub][pubs]???
  % Werkt absoluut niet!

  \definieerlijst[pubs][pubs]

Greetings, Taco

@ 2004-08-02 20:44     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-02 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>This looked suspiciously familiar. And indeed, my bib module has the same
>problem:
>
>  % Hans, Wat is er mis met [pub][pubs]???
>  % Werkt absoluut niet!
>
>  \definieerlijst[pubs][pubs]

dunno ... it's not like register definitions

\definelist [whatever] [key=value,...]
\definelist [whatever] [cloned-from] [key=value,...]

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE