* RE: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-26 17:37 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-07-26 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

>What about Mined http://towo.net/mined/ ?
>It's utf-8 and right to left.
>Untested ;).

Drat! it runs from a terminal:-((

Oh well, I'll try it anyway...

Best
Idris

* RE: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-27  8:32 ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2004-07-27  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Henning,
>
>>===== Original Message From Henning Hraban Ramm <hraban@fiee.net> =====
>>> Hans and others use SciTE. Does it provide Unicode/bidirectional
>>> support
>>> support?
>>
>>You can set it up to use UTF-8, but I don't think it supports r-t-l or
>>bidi.
>
> That's really too bad:-(( I actually have UniType Global Writer but it's
> really a pain to use for TeX source editing. On the other hand, it can be
> used
> to copy and past to WinEdt (where it will show up as utf-8 ascii). An
> all-in-one solution would be much better though.
>
> Now I'm a KDE lover myself;-) but doesn't GTK support bidi/rtl? So
> shouldn't
> SciTE support bidi right out of the box?
>
> In any case, I would still like to try SciTE if Hans' support files are
> available somewhere. Quick question: how does one activate utf-8?
>
> Best
> Idris

Hello Idris,

I think Hans properties file is available in the ConTeXt distribution at
$TEXMF/context/data/context.properties
and the documentation is available in
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mscite.pdf

For utf: Open SciTE, chose Options->Open User Options File and add the line
code.page=65001
to that file.

I don't know what you like, but I have some other things there too:
use.monospaced=1
split.vertical=0
wrap=1

Good luck!

Regards, Micke P

* Re: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-27  8:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-07-27  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

ishamid wrote:

>In any case, I would still like to try SciTE if Hans' support files are
>available somewhere. Quick question: how does one activate utf-8?

they're in the archive (under context/data)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* RE: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-27  8:22 ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2004-07-27  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thnx 4 this reference; I'll try it!
>
> Best
> Idris

Hello Idris,

I don't know on what platform you are, but gedit may be a possible choice
too. I made a screenshot available at
http://www.math.chalmers.se/~mickep/gedit.png
gedit is available from
http://gedit.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!

Regards, Micke P

* Re: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-26 17:40     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-07-26 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.07.2004 um 18:40 schrieb sebastian.rooks@free.fr:

> Hello,
> What about Mined http://towo.net/mined/ ?
> It's utf-8 and right to left.
> Untested ;).

Mighty with Unicode etc., but has only HTML syntax highlighting, no TeX
features.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* RE: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-26 17:36 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-07-26 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thnx 4 this reference; I'll try it!

Best
Idris

>===== Original Message From sebastian.rooks@free.fr =====
>Hello,
>What about Mined http://towo.net/mined/ ?
>It's utf-8 and right to left.
>Untested ;).

* RE: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-26 17:34 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-07-26 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2004-07-26 16:40   ` sebastian.rooks
From: sebastian.rooks @ 2004-07-26 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
What about Mined http://towo.net/mined/ ?
It's utf-8 and right to left.
Untested ;).

 Seb.

Selon Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it>:

> Monday, July 26, 2004 ishamid wrote:
>
> > [for forwarding to the list]
> > Dear knights of the round table,
>
> > I generally do my Arabic work in Aleph/eomega in Latin transcription mode,
> but
> > things are at a point now where I would like to code TeX using unicode (and
> > unicode otp filter). Now I use WinEdT and really love it (I even designed
> > buttons for for a few functions), but the maintainer has indicated that it
> > will be quite some time before WinEdT supports unicode+right-to-left
> > typesetting. Are any of you aware of a good multi-platform (thinking of
> > switching to Linux again) unicode editor? (and no, at this time I'm not
> ready
> > to spend months (re-)learning/fighting/cursing XEmacs;-> (could never get
> MULE
> > to work anyway...))
>

> I personally use ViM, even though its support for TeX & friends
> is very limited.
>
> --
> Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: unicode editor?
@ 2004-07-26 16:11 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-07-26 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hans and others use SciTE. Does it provide Unicode/bidirectional
> support
> support?

You can set it up to use UTF-8, but I don't think it supports r-t-l or
bidi.
http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---