* MikTeX 2.4 and Fonts
@ 2004-08-07 15:48 Dieter Jakob
From: Dieter Jakob @ 2004-08-07 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

Silly Questions:

I use MikTeX 2.4 and there are some ConTeXt Demos underneath
texmf/doc/context/demos.
If I try to process the File: "d-en-005.tex" the Statement
\setupbodyfont[pos] makes
trouble; for PDF-Output.

The Fonts in your Documentation looks so nice; I'm looking for a nice Serif
Font e.g.
Palationo.

Unfortunately the documentation about Fonts, I can't put into practice.

Can you help me to get the Adobe Fonts for PDF up and running?

Best Regards
Dieter

* Re: MikTeX 2.4 and Fonts
@ 2004-08-09  8:09 ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2004-08-09  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Dieter Jakob wrote:
> Can you help me to get the Adobe Fonts for PDF up and running?

Having recently fought with the same issue (i.e. \setupbodyfont[pos]) with
my recent installation of TeXLive, I found one answer in the user settings
- this might be what you are looking for (don't understand enough of fonts
to say for sure).

The TeXLive cont-sys.rme/cont-sys.tex settings file says:

% If you run into missing font metrics kind of problems,
% you may want to uncomment:

% \usetypescript[adobekb] [\defaultencoding]

Well, I don't expect my users to understand about changing the
cont-sys.rme/cont-sys.tex file, so the settings need to be in the
file/environment and thus I  put this on top of my file instead (I
use ec encoding, seems to work best with Windows):

	\usetypescript[adobekb][ec]
	\usetypescript[pos] % maybe I don't need this line any more???
	\setupbodyfont[pos,10pt]

And it works like a charm, at least with my files. All complaints stopped
at once, which made me *very* happy. Looks like I can soon provide my
dummy users with something easily installable that doesn't need any
tweaking...

Hope this helps,
		Mari

* Re: MikTeX 2.4 and Fonts
@ 2004-08-09 19:08   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-09 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mari Voipio wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Dieter Jakob wrote:
>

>>Can you help me to get the Adobe Fonts for PDF up and running?
>>

>Having recently fought with the same issue (i.e. \setupbodyfont[pos]) with
>my recent installation of TeXLive, I found one answer in the user settings
>- this might be what you are looking for (don't understand enough of fonts
>to say for sure).
>

>The TeXLive cont-sys.rme/cont-sys.tex settings file says:
>
>% If you run into missing font metrics kind of problems,
>% you may want to uncomment:
>
>% \usetypescript[adobekb] [\defaultencoding]
>

>Well, I don't expect my users to understand about changing the
>cont-sys.rme/cont-sys.tex file, so the settings need to be in the
>file/environment and thus I  put this on top of my file instead (I
>use ec encoding, seems to work best with Windows):
>
>	\usetypescript[adobekb][ec]
>	\usetypescript[pos] % maybe I don't need this line any more???
>	\setupbodyfont[pos,10pt]
>

>And it works like a charm, at least with my files. All complaints stopped
>at once, which made me *very* happy. Looks like I can soon provide my
>dummy users with something easily installable that doesn't need any
>tweaking...

\setupbodyfont[pos] is the old method and in that case the \usetypescript[pos] is not needed

the more modern way is:

\usetypescript[postscript][ec]
\setupbodyfont[postscript,10pt]

that way you can mix typefaces, e.g.