* updates
@ 2004-08-09 19:26 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-09 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Later this week i will post an update. Among the things to keep an eye
on are:

- if you use the new (web2c) beta binaries be aware of the suffixes of
formats now all being 'fmt'; conforming to the new tds structure, this
should go in sync with a so called $engine subpath under webc, but this
wil lnot be supported by tetex (i'm not sure about texlive); this can be
rather annoying when you use pdfetex as well as aleph; in that case you
may want to try

  texexec --make --alone --all --engine

(i always use --all to get all patterns in the format)

- with new binaries you should also be aware of changes in enc and map
paths; texfont is already adapted to that and textools can be used to
adapt your trees

- however, the main reason for writing this mail is that i recently
found out that there has been a change in the us hyphenation files; on
your system this may be obscured by the fact that sometimes there is an
alias file somewhere in the tree mapping old names on new names [fyi: i
finally found out that this alias file is also the reason why sometimes
fonts like dingbats get messed up]. I have adapted context to look for
new and old files; unfortunately important changes like this are not
announced and just happen (i wonder how many us-english users are aware
of this change); i have been bitten by this (unannounced changes in
filenames, and i cross my fingers that the content is the same) too
often now; when it happens again, i'll start distributing patterns as in
the first versions of context (lang-*.pat/hyp files)

- 8 bit in/output: it looks like tex live will not be 8 bit (the last
version was 8 bit except chars<32, the previous version was 8 bit) and
the next version will be yet another mix; since i want context to be 8
in/8 out the formats will be built with the natural.tcx vector (in a few
years, when i can be sure that suers are in sync, i will use the -8bit
switch). I will not bore you with teh arguments that are used to let tex
not be 8 but by default, but it has to do with unix and terminal output
and locales and such. (interestingly this is no real problem for context
since the control characters (<32) are mostly used for file io,
verbatim, pdf, metapost, javascript, xml etc).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: updates
@ 2005-11-16 10:59     ` Alexander Lazic
From: Alexander Lazic @ 2005-11-16 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

On Mit 16.11.2005 11:39, Hans Hagen wrote:

>i'll keep it as fallback for a while

Thanx.

Alex

* Re: updates
@ 2005-11-16 10:39   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-16 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-11-16  9:42 ` Alexander Lazic
From: Alexander Lazic @ 2005-11-16  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

On Die 15.11.2005 14:32, Hans Hagen wrote:

>I also want to move on to the ruby variants of texexec and texutil, so
>i want the latest versions to be available (for testers).

is the perl-version still avilable?

Because the most platform have perl in the default installation ;-)

Greetings

Aleks

* updates
@ 2005-11-15 13:32 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-15 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

The next couple of weeks there will probably more 'updates' than normal;
this is due to the fact that i'm adding long due features and such. I
also want to move on to the ruby variants of texexec and texutil, so i
want the latest versions to be available (for testers).

Currently I'm uploading a version that

- fixes a problem introduced when implementing the \currentvalue hack
(side effect was that the non english interfaces behaved weird)

- a long standing wish of g.b. dealing with indentation (i tried to
provide a more or less robust solution); the following works ok here
(gb/taco: \noindent does not work in such cases, one really needs to
make a handler the last action taken after a stop...; btw, suppressing a
thing used deep down)

\setupindenting[small,yes]

\setupitemize [indentnext=auto]
\setuptyping  [indentnext=auto]