* The last line
@ 2004-08-09 14:23 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-08-09 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

as far as I know TeX has some internal rules (and penalties) for judging where to hyphenate words or not in order to keep a paragraph not too densed and not too loose. Some rules can be modified by commands like tolerance, spaceskip, emergencystretch et al.

Now, I want to have control over the last line. I would like to avoid syllables smaller than (for example) 4 letters being the only element in a paragraphs last line. Like this:

xxxx xx xxxxx xxxx
xx xxx xxxxxxx xx-
xxx.

Is there a way to make a kind of global definition for this for the entire document?

Thanks for any hints,

Steffen

* Re: The last line
@ 2004-08-10 14:46 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-08-10 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> (slowly a lot of internals will be defined this way, along with some fundamental redefinitions of other internals, consider it a kind of ConTeXt4 feature-)
>
> Hans

Maybe something like

\placefigure{top,left}

or

\placefigure{bottom,outer}

could be another ConTeXt4 feature? -)

Steffen

(how still is waiting for a reliable way of placing many figures in large documents)

* Re: The last line
@ 2004-08-10 18:07 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-08-10 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
> >\placefigure{top,left}
> >
> >or
> >
> >\placefigure{bottom,outer}
> >
> >could be another ConTeXt4 feature? -)
> >

> >Steffen
> >
> >(how still is waiting for a reliable way of placing many figures in large documents)
> >

> hm, graphic placement is and will always be tricky
>
> btw, \placefigure[outer]{}{} does work (see details.pdf)
>
> as long as top/left i snot something with text aroun dit, it's doable -)
>
> Hans

that means \placefigure{top,left}, WITH text around it, won't be doable in ConTeXt?
not even in your idea of ConTeXt4?

Steffen