* Using ConTeXt through MikTeX
@ 2004-08-16 21:39 Shailesh Ashok Shirali
From: Shailesh Ashok Shirali @ 2004-08-16 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, friends,
I posted this message some days back to the MikTeX mailing list,
but would like to repeat it here.

I use MikTeX with the text editor TechnicCenter. I generally work
with PDFLaTeX.

I have been reading about ConTeXt, which among other things
enables the use of Metapost from within the package. (I wish to
use Metapost as I need to draw lots of diagrams for Euclidean
geometry.) It seems that one can configure MikTeX for ConTeXt.

Could any user of ConTeXt suggest how to do the configuring? I am
not able to act on the tips given. I have located in "MikTeX
Options" the option "cont-uk" (in the Formats tab) and have
selected it; but am not sure of the next step.

I would be grateful for some advice on this matter. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Shailesh Shirali

* Re: Using ConTeXt through MikTeX
@ 2004-08-18 19:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-18 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shailesh Ashok Shirali wrote:

> Hello, friends,
> I posted this message some days back to the MikTeX mailing list, but
> would like to repeat it here.
>
> I use MikTeX with the text editor TechnicCenter. I generally work with
> PDFLaTeX.
>
> I have been reading about ConTeXt, which among other things enables
> the use of Metapost from within the package. (I wish to use Metapost
> as I need to draw lots of diagrams for Euclidean geometry.) It seems
> that one can configure MikTeX for ConTeXt.
>
> Could any user of ConTeXt suggest how to do the configuring? I am not
> able to act on the tips given. I have located in "MikTeX Options" the
> option "cont-uk" (in the Formats tab) and have selected it; but am not
> sure of the next step.
>
> I would be grateful for some advice on this matter. Thanks.

- there should be a texexec.ini (if not copy texexec.rme to texexec.ini) in which you have to uncomment:

  set TeXShell  to  miktex

- next you need to generate formats

  texexec --make --alone --all (maybe without alone)

now you should be able to process files with

  texexec  --pdf somefile

(more info on how to set up metapost runtime support can be found in the wiki/archives)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE