* Re: Something strange happening to colours
@ 1999-09-14 12:13 grzegorz.sapijaszko
From: grzegorz.sapijaszko @ 1999-09-14 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mathew wrote,

>I'm only getting the following problem with the Linux version of Acrobat
>reader 4.0.  I don't have the v4.0 of the reader for Windows (I have the
>complete version).  There is no problem with v3 of the reader and it works
>fine with the SGI v4.0.

Under Windows, in both Reader versions, the two boxes are pink.

Gruesse,
Grzesiek

* Re: Something strange happening to colours
@ 1999-09-15  9:47         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-09-15  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Hans> Matthew Baker wrote:
    >> (sounds like they won't fix it on purpose) I will have to stick
    >> to v3.

    Hans> Ah, but I always use version 3. Less buggy.

I've got both (to *find* those bugs), but I also use 3.

Taco

* Re: Something strange happening to colours
@ 1999-09-14 20:30     ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-09-14 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context List

Matthew Baker wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > No problems here.
>
> Not even under Linux?  Maybe I should send the PDF.  If that works, there
> is something screwy with acrobat.
I have also this green box, but when I use zoom (the (+) cursor) I get again a
pink box.
(at least if I use area zoom, but not always using a single click)

Tobias

* Re: Something strange happening to colours
@ 1999-09-14 16:48         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-09-14 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context List

Matthew Baker wrote:

> (sounds like they won't fix it on purpose) I will have to stick to v3.

Ah, but I always use version 3. Less buggy.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Something strange happening to colours
@ 1999-09-14 16:15       ` Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-09-14 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Hans Hagen wrote:

> As taco already mentioned, the acrobat page cache is probably the
> troublemaker (and has been for many years now). Did you ever notice the
> slightly different backgrounds when anti aliasing anc cache are both on?
> (Show up well on tft screens under an angle). Unfortunately adobe is not
> impressed when you report such behaviour as a bug.

Aha!  I never use page cache so that wasn't the problem.  However turning
off anti-aliasing fixed it.  Unfortunately the text looks to crummy for
this to be a practical solution so until Adobe accidentally fix this
(sounds like they won't fix it on purpose) I will have to stick to v3.

- Matt

--
Dr. Matthew Baker           matthew.baker@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.MMK               http://fit.gmd.de/hci/pages/matthew.baker.html

* Re: Something strange happening to colours
@ 1999-09-14 15:55     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-09-14 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context List

Matthew Baker wrote:

> Not even under Linux?  Maybe I should send the PDF.  If that works, there
> is something screwy with acrobat.

My linux machine is off, burried under a stack of paperwork, cdrom's and
other rubish. I pick up that thread soon and install suse 6.2 (tobias:
your copy just arrived).

@ 1999-09-14 15:20 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-09-14 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    Matthew> Hi,

    Matthew> I'm only getting the following problem with the Linux
    Matthew> version of Acrobat reader 4.0.  I don't have the v4.0 of
    Matthew> the reader for Windows (I have the complete version).
    Matthew> There is no problem with v3 of the reader and it works
    Matthew> fine with the SGI v4.0.

    Matthew> The attached code, as far as I can tell, should give me
    Matthew> two pink boxes to the left of the screen.  Instead the
    Matthew> first one is green and the second is pink!  If I remove
    Matthew> the color=fitpink from th4e \setuphead command, the boxes
    Matthew> are both pink.  Ideas anyone?

There are about a zillion anti-aliasing color bugs in a4 for
Linux. Most of them go away if you turn "Use page cache" off.

Taco

* Re: Something strange happening to colours
@ 1999-09-14 14:11   ` Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-09-14 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-09-14 11:42 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-09-14 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context List

Matthew Baker wrote:

> I'm only getting the following problem with the Linux version of Acrobat
> reader 4.0.  I don't have the v4.0 of the reader for Windows (I have the
> complete version).  There is no problem with v3 of the reader and it works
> fine with the SGI v4.0.
>
> The attached code, as far as I can tell, should give me two pink boxes to
> the left of the screen.  Instead the first one is green and the second is
> pink!  If I remove the color=fitpink from th4e \setuphead command, the
> boxes are both pink.  Ideas anyone?

No problems here. BTW, you can define this 'pink' as magenta
\definecolor[...][m=...] and context will translate them into cmyk.
Never use pure cmyk specs in pdf documents because then acrobat starts
being clever on correcting them. GS is far more secure.

> Don't worry about formatting, etc.  I just took as much from my
> presentation style as I needed to reproduce the problem.

Nevertheless two remarks:

(1) no % is needed in setups (fitpink,%) because context swallows such
spaces itself
(2) no need for the \hbox inside the \framed

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Something strange happening to colours
@ 1999-09-14 10:15 Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-09-14 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)