* Re: \setuppagenumbering and \completecontents
@ 1999-11-17  6:34 grzegorz.sapijaszko
From: grzegorz.sapijaszko @ 1999-11-17  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed wrote:

> You need pagenumbering in the "start" state in order to have page
> numbering at all.  Since that's the default, you can do this:
>
> \setuppagenumbering[location=]

Ha, funny trick. Thanks.

I must say, after posting my letter, I have found simmilar options combination
in current manual, so this looks like:

\setupheadertexts[section][][chapter][]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location=footer,location=right,style=bold]

Greetings,
Grzesiek

* Re: \setuppagenumbering and \completecontents
@ 1999-11-16 15:10 ` Ed L. Cashin
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 1999-11-16 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

grzegorz.sapijaszko@pl.abb.com writes:

> \setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
> \setupheadertexts[section][][chapter][]
>
> \setupfootertexts[][\pagenumber][][\pagenumber]
> but, in this case, in table of contents I have all page numbers as
> 0. When I add
>
> \setuppagenumbering[state=start]
>
> after \starttext -> the page numbers in table of contents are ok,
> but I have also the page numbers in the middle part of header... And
> I wouldn't have it in header. What should I change in setup area?

You need pagenumbering in the "start" state in order to have page
numbering at all.  Since that's the default, you can do this:

\setuppagenumbering[location=]

... so that even though the pagenumber is not displayed, context is
still keeping track of the page numbers.

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

* \setuppagenumbering and \completecontents
@ 1999-11-16 13:50 grzegorz.sapijaszko
From: grzegorz.sapijaszko @ 1999-11-16 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

today my problem is with \completecontents... I have defined a file as:

[...]
\definelist[chapter]
\setuplist[chapter][before=\blank]
\setuplist[section]
\definecombinedlist[contents][chapter,section]

\setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
\setupheadertexts[section][][chapter][]

\setupfootertexts[][\pagenumber][][\pagenumber]

\starttext

\completecontents

\chapter{aaa}

\chapter{bbb}