* texutil "malformed UTF-8 character" error
@ 2004-08-22 12:54 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2004-08-22 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running the latest beta on top of a TeXlive 2003 install on linux.
The job I'm currently running needs various tables of contents (and a
set of bookmarks) but texutil (v. 8.2) seems to be choking on the .tui
file at the very end of the run with this message:

  TeXUtil 8.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2004

                 action : processing commands, lists and registers
                 option : sorting IJ under Y
                 option : converting high ASCII values
             input file : nubs-rg-bk.tui
            output file : nubs-rg-bk.tuo
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected end of string) at
/usr/TeX/texmf/scripts/context/perl/texutil.pl line 1520, <TUI> line 3.
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected end of string) at
/usr/TeX/texmf/scripts/context/perl/texutil.pl line 979, <TUI> line 3.
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected end of string) at
/usr/TeX/texmf/scripts/context/perl/texutil.pl line 990, <TUI> line 3.
        passed commands : 1136
          remapped keys : 0
       register entries : 0 -> 0 entries 0 references
        synonym entries : 0 -> 0 entries
         embedded files : 1

As you can see, as a result of the UTF-8 errors the .tui file isn't
being successfully read, so I'm getting no register entries and hence no
tables of contents ( or bookmarks).

I'm in the process of composing a minimal example file, but it's tough
going and I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction
from the information in the error message.

I'd be really grateful! (Impossible deadlines approach...)

Thanks all.

Duncan

[parent not found: <20040823024808.07B181278C@ronja.ntg.nl>]
[parent not found: <20040823100001.BA8FF1277A@ronja.ntg.nl>]