* Footnotes in margin (again)
@ 2004-08-24 21:32 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-08-24 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

as the dust has settled over the ancient greeks I would like to re-ask a posting that is about another quite crucial question: How to place footnotes in the margin?

Every time I turn on \showframe I think that the margin is such a beautiful place for placing footnotes (per page, flushbottom). There must be a way!

Isn't there a way, Hans?

Steffen

>Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:22:07 +0200
>To: ConTeXt
>From: Steffen Wolfrum <context@st.estfiles.de>
>Subject: Footnotes in margin?
>Bcc:
>Hi,
>
>does ConTeXt provide a way to place footnote (not margin notes!) per page - but not below the body text?
>A suitable place could be the margin. But there is no "\setupfootnotes[location=inmargin]"
>and somthing like "\inmargin{\footnote{}The footnote's text.}" doesn't flow.
>
>Does anybody know a working solution?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Steffen Wolfrum

* Re: Footnotes in margin (again)
@ 2004-08-25  8:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-25  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as the dust has settled over the ancient greeks I would like to re-ask a posting that is about another quite crucial question: How to place footnotes in the margin?
>
>Every time I turn on \showframe I think that the margin is such a beautiful place for placing footnotes (per page, flushbottom). There must be a way!
>
>Isn't there a way, Hans?

i posted something, didn't i?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE