From: Hans Hagen Outside <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: Help with LaTeX -> ConTeXt & book typesetting
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:37:55 +0200	[thread overview]

Ulrich Dirr wrote:

>That's great. Can I combine this setup with another one for left even &
>right odd numbered pages? E.g.,
>
>((PAGE 2))
><King>                 1 The King                   <>
>
>((PAGE 3))
><>                     1 The King                   <Queen>
>
>So that I can combine, say \setupheadertexts[][\KHead Queen][\KHead King][]
>-- which actually are just two different ornaments -- with your definition
>above for 'something'?

sure, you can combine whatever you want

you can also set up different header/footers for margins and edged

and there are also top and bottom areas as well as a text area

>My log file tells me
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 6.6pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 6.6pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 4.7pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 4.7pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 7.6pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 7.6pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 5.7pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 5.7pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 11.3pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 11.3pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 9.5pt is defined (can better be done global)
>bodyfont       : bodyfont 9.5pt is defined (can better be done global)
>
>Given my definitions for HelveticaNeue -- and assuming they are alright --
>where do I setup sizes, and especially in didot or big points?

you need to set up bodyfont environments for that (see font manual); the
complicating factor in fonts is that math needs to be set up.

>Here:
>\setupoutput [pdftex]
>\input pdftexconfig
>\enableregime[il1]
>\mainlanguage[de]
>\starttext
>\showstruts
>{\em Mühsal der Besten}
>
>»Woran arbeiten Sie?« wurde Herr K. gefragt. Herr K. antwortete:
>»Ich habe viel Mühe, ich bereite meinen nächsten Irrtum vor.« (B.
>Brecht) ›Aber Hallo!‹ \quotation{all right \quote{there} we go}
>\stoptext

hm, what do other german users experience/think?

>(BTW I've already produced all expanded version with fontinst)

wait for the new pdftex (or grab a test versions soemwhere): it has auto
expansion included, and there i sno need any more to create the
instances yourself (doen within pdftex)!

>If ConTeXt is using the new german spelling & hyphenation rules then:
>*§108* If ss stands for ß, then it will be hyphenated s-s. E.g., Grüs-se
>(instead of Grü-ße), heis-sen (instead of hei-ßen).
>*§109* The connection of consonants ch, ck, and sch, and also in foreign
>words with ph, rh, sh, and th will not be hyphenated in between if they
>stands for a single sound. E.g., Bü-cher, Zu-cker, ba-cken, Fla-sche,
>Ma-che-te, Pro-phet, Myr-rhe, Ca-shew-nuss, ka-tho-lisch.

so .. what are the proposed changes to the german language specifics in enco-fde.tex?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE