* Metapost animation
@ 2004-09-13 16:57 Michal Kvasnicka
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2004-09-13 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening.

First of all I want to thank to Mr. Hagen for his last answer. I will
check your last code of balanced columnsets at home (with the newest
ConTeXt). As for your correcting code for ordinary collumns, I have
tried it with three different types of my documents, and it worked well.
Maybe this is the final solution of the problem. I will try it with more
documents and let you know, anyway.

Now to my next question. I have seen a great thing: Metapost pictures
were animated (probably with the JavaScript code). You can found some
examples here:
    http://www.math.muni.cz/~plch/nkpm/nradanm6.pdf
    http://www.math.muni.cz/~plch/nkpm/nradanm8.pdf
(Just click on the `Spustit animaci' button.)

Is it possible to do it simply in the ConTeXt? Of course I may break
down the mechanism of widgets and write my own JavaScript (I don't know
how to do timing), but isn't there some special macro for animating
series of figures? It would be great.

If so, is Acrobat Reader fast enough to simulate this way the nice
feature of MS PowerPoint---curves and shapes that are drawn by pieces,
or that appear somewhere and then go to its final location? (This is
quite instructive in economics, because you can easily notice which
curve is drawn first, what second, and so on.) How can I do it?

With many greetings and thanks
Michal Kvasnicka