From: Michal Kvasnicka <quasar@econ.muni.cz>
Subject: Problems with Acrobat Reader, animation, sound, JavaScript etc.
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:41:19 +0000	[thread overview]

Good morning.

I'd like to ask a little off-topic questions but closely related to
ConTeXt.  I'm sorry I bother you with this, but I need it. My interest
is not purely academic. I'd like to prepare fully interactive documents
for my students to work with at home and prepare to my classes.

My questions are like this: Theoretically, PDF can contain sound, movie,
and JavaScript.
1) In practise, the movie plugin I have found only in the Acrobat Reader
5.x under Windoze; in Linux and in Adobe Reader 6.0 under Windoze it was
not present. Can I download it somewhere?
2) What are limits of QuickTime JPeg in the PDF? It worked with a movie
included in the QuickTime viewer under Windoze, but not with a movie
from my digital camera (Olympus C730UZ). How can I convert it (for free)?
3) How can I include sounds to my PDF? Does it work with all Readers
under all platforms, or not? What do I need to install?
4) Some JavaScripts work only under Windoze, not under Linux. Why? How
can I fix that? Mr. Hagen's clock example, and Mr. Gundlach euro-anim
example are just two cases.
5) Does Adobe still support Linux? There is a reader version 6.0 for
Windoze, but only 5.0.9 for Linux.
6) If I want to learn how to use JavaScript in the ConTeXt, what Adobe
document should I read first? Is somewhere explained to integrate it in
the ConTeXt (more that the widgets manual)?

Many thanks for any hint. I apologize one more for this slightly
off-topic questions.
M.K.