From: Vit Zyka <vit.zyka@seznam.cz>
Subject: Re: patterns
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:26:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Sorry, Hans

for being so late with answer. But I got your reply just at beginning of
this week due to spam filtres.

The list of 10 czech word with hyphenation is here (they are also in the
zipped attachement not to disturb encoding):

au-to-ma-tic-ký
bram-bo-rák
da-ta-bá-ze
kr-ka-vec
Kro-mì-øí¾
ob-hos-po-da-øo-vat
Øem-dich
scvrk-nout
za-les-nit
®e-¾u-liè-ka

But during making tests I discover some weird behaviour. See test code:
-----------
\starttext
\language[cz]
\hyphenatedpar{obhospodaøovat obhospodaøovat zalesnit ®e¾ulièka Øemdich
krkavec scvrknout bramborák Kromìøí¾ automatický databáze}
\hyphenatedword{obhospodaøovat}
\stoptext
----------
1) All spaces inside \hyphenatedpar are discarded.
2) The first word inside is not marked by hyphens.
3) The word inside \hyphenatedword is not marked too.

For English the marking is OK inside both \hyphenatedpar and
\hyphenatedword.

Vit Zyka

> Vit Zyka wrote:
>
>> Hans Hagen Outside wrote:
>>
>>> So, what i need is for each language a couple of words that hyphenate
>>> in unique ways (i.e. they must hyphenate differently than related
>>> languages)
>>>
>>> \language[xx] \hyphenatedword{..}
>>
>> Sorry, Hans, I do not understand properly. You want the words
>> 1) that are the same in some languages, but with different hyphenation
>

> indeed, words that are hyphenated correctly, so that they cna be used to
> verify tex live, so in your case some ten words that you'd like to see
> hyphenated ok in czech
>
> Karl Berry  is setting up a sort of test bed so that changes in patterns
> and filenames of pattern files will not go unnoticed; so what we need is
> a sort of reference hyphenation.
>
> (the reason is that the last couple of tex lives we've been surprised
> afterwards by changes in names and content of 'generic' pattern files)
>
> (maybe this is something to add to the wiki)
>
> Hans

>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com

Vít Zýka --- http://typokvitek.com
     Automatic document typesetting