* chapter numbers
@ 2020-06-08  4:37 jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-06-08  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am attempting to get the word 'Chapter' to appear in the Chapter
title, followed by its number, and I attempted to do it simply with:

\setupheadtext[chapter=Chapter]
\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [header=empty]

What I get is simply the number, e.g. 1 My first chapter, 2 My second
chapter etc. \setupheadtext is being ignored. What am I doing wrong?

Julian

* Re: chapter numbers
@ 2020-06-08  6:35 ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2020-06-08  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Use \setuplabeltext instead of \setupheadtext. I agree the documentation
suggests \setupheadtext should work the same way, but it doesn't seem to.
You might also want a space after the word Chapter.

Duncan

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 05:38, jbf <roma83537@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to get the word 'Chapter' to appear in the Chapter
> title, followed by its number, and I attempted to do it simply with:
>
> \setupheadtext[chapter=Chapter]
> \setuphead
>    [chapter]
>    [header=empty]
>
> What I get is simply the number, e.g. 1 My first chapter, 2 My second
> chapter etc. \setupheadtext is being ignored. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Julian

Duncan Hothersall, Operations Director
CAPDM Limited - Online Program Enablers
0131 677 2400  www.capdm.com
Registered in Scotland: SC168970       VAT: 682 846 983
Registered address: 20 Forth Street Edinburgh EH1 3LH UK
<https://maps.google.com/?q=22+Forth+Street,+Edinburgh,+EH1+3LH,+UK&entry=gmail&source=g>

Capture, author, publish, deliver and manage your learning materials.

*Sign up to the CAPDM newsletter here <http://eepurl.com/bqzBQn>*

* Re: chapter numbers
@ 2020-06-08  6:54   ` jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-06-08  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Duncan. It can be quite a struggle working through potentially
conflicting items in the documentation. I applaud the recent efforts to
improve the overall presentation of the wiki, though. Your simple little
change (plus the space!) works of course.

Julian

On 8/6/20 4:35 pm, Duncan Hothersall wrote:
> Use \setuplabeltext instead of \setupheadtext. I agree
> the documentation suggests \setupheadtext should work the same way,
> but it doesn't seem to. You might also want a space after the word
> Chapter.
>
> Duncan
>
> On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 05:38, jbf <roma83537@gmail.com
> <mailto:roma83537@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am attempting to get the word 'Chapter' to appear in the Chapter
>     title, followed by its number, and I attempted to do it simply with:
>
>     \setupheadtext[chapter=Chapter]
>     \setuphead
>        [chapter]
>        [header=empty]
>
>     What I get is simply the number, e.g. 1 My first chapter, 2 My second
>     chapter etc. \setupheadtext is being ignored. What am I doing wrong?
>
>     Julian

> --
> Duncan Hothersall, Operations Director
> CAPDM Limited - Online Program Enablers
> 0131 677 2400 www.capdm.com <http://www.capdm.com>
> Registered in Scotland: SC168970       VAT: 682 846 983
> Registered address: 20 Forth Street Edinburgh EH1 3LH UK
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=22+Forth+Street,+Edinburgh,+EH1+3LH,+UK&entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> Capture, author, publish, deliver and manage your learning materials.
>
> *Sign up to the CAPDM newsletter here
> <http://eepurl.com/bqzBQn>*

* Re: chapter numbers
@ 2020-06-08 19:25   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-06-08 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Duncan Hothersall schrieb am 08.06.2020 um 08:35:
> Use \setuplabeltext instead of \setupheadtext. I agree the documentation
> suggests \setupheadtext should work the same way, but it doesn't seem
> to. You might also want a space after the word Chapter.

It works the same way but it's used for a different purpose.

The \setupheadtext command is used to change the default titles for
\completecontent, \completeindex etc.

%%%% begin example
\setupheadtext[en][content=Table of Contents]

\starttext
\completecontent
\stoptext
%%%% end example

Wolfgang

* Re: chapter numbers
@ 2020-06-08 21:15     ` jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-06-08 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

A useful distinction to know. Do you think this is made clear on the
wiki? In fact I am sure that the information is there precisely as you
have put it, but the challenge (for the wiki and the wiki user) is to
find it. Your many brief and to-the-point explanations of these little
matters, Wolfgang, are like grains of gold in the sands, that one has to
pan for.

Julian