* Imposition features/limitations.
@ 2004-09-21 15:57 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2004-09-21 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On pages 39 ff and section 3.6 of _The Context Manual_ there are examples
of different page imposition methods. I wonder if this has been extended
to the level of true prepress software, with compensation for paper
thickness and/or skew when folded and cut? Or is it  just a demonstration
of what could be done?  This came up on another list while discussing
pamphlet making.
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books:

* Re: Imposition features/limitations.
@ 2004-09-21 16:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-09-21 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Culleton wrote:

>On pages 39 ff and section 3.6 of _The Context Manual_ there are examples
>of different page imposition methods. I wonder if this has been extended
>to the level of true prepress software, with compensation for paper
>thickness and/or skew when folded and cut? Or is it  just a demonstration
>of what could be done?  This came up on another list while discussing
>pamphlet making.

% \definepageshift[test][horizontal][10pt,20pt,30pt,40pt,50pt]
% \definepageshift[test][vertical]  [10pt,20pt,30pt,40pt,50pt]
%
% \setuppageshift[test]
% \setuppageshift[test][test]
% \setuppageshift[test][none]
% \setuppageshift[none][test]
% \setuppageshift[paper][test][test] % arrange only
% \setuppageshift[paper][test]       % arrange only
% \setuppageshift[print][test][test]

willy egger knows more about how to use this (it was at his request that
i wrote it)

Hans