* Natural Table does not allow using defined typing in its cell
@ 2004-09-22 16:54 Eugene Toporov
From: Eugene Toporov @ 2004-09-22 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I found a strange (to me) bTABLE behaviour.

I'm defining the "programlisting" typing and it works when used like below

\def\BeforeProgramListing{\startframedtext[background=screen,width=\hsize,style=\tttf\small]}
\def\AfterProgramListing{\stopframedtext}
\definetyping[programlisting][before=\BeforeProgramListing,after=\AfterProgramListing]

 \startprogramlisting
    "Hello World! Hello" + txtName.text + "!"
 \stopprogramlisting

When I'm trying to insert a programlisting into a table cell using the
following code -- it fails to create PDF.

\bTABLE
   \bTR
     \bTD Set the value to \eTD
     \bTD
       \startprogramlisting
         "Hello World! Hello" + txtName.text + "!"
       \stopprogramlisting
     \eTD
   \eTR
\eTABLE

When I replace \start\stopprogramlisting with in place
\start\stopframedtext -- it works ok.
     \bTD
       \startframedtext[background=screen,width=\hsize,style=\tttf\small]
         "Hello World! Hello" + txtName.text + "!"
       \stopframedtext
     \eTD

Why is this so? Do I miss something important?

Thanks a lot.

--
Regards.
Eugene Toporov

* Re: Natural Table does not allow using defined typing in its cell
@ 2004-09-22 21:14 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-09-22 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eugene Toporov wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I found a strange (to me) bTABLE behaviour.
>
>I'm defining the "programlisting" typing and it works when used like below
>
>\def\BeforeProgramListing{\startframedtext[background=screen,width=\hsize,style=\tttf\small]}
>\def\AfterProgramListing{\stopframedtext}
>\definetyping[programlisting][before=\BeforeProgramListing,after=\AfterProgramListing]
>
> \startprogramlisting
>    "Hello World! Hello" + txtName.text + "!"
> \stopprogramlisting
>
>When I'm trying to insert a programlisting into a table cell using the
>following code -- it fails to create PDF.
>
>\bTABLE
>   \bTR
>     \bTD Set the value to \eTD
>     \bTD
>       \startprogramlisting
>         "Hello World! Hello" + txtName.text + "!"
>       \stopprogramlisting
>     \eTD
>   \eTR
>\eTABLE
>
>When I replace \start\stopprogramlisting with in place
>\start\stopframedtext -- it works ok.
>     \bTD
>       \startframedtext[background=screen,width=\hsize,style=\tttf\small]
>         "Hello World! Hello" + txtName.text + "!"
>       \stopframedtext
>     \eTD
>

>Why is this so? Do I miss something important?

indeed, passing verbatim as argument does not work due to catcode
wizzardy; so, try to use buffers instead

\startbuffer
\startprogramlisting
"Hello World! Hello" + txtName.text + "!"
\stopprogramlisting
\stopbuffer

\bTABLE
   \bTR