* RE: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
@ 2004-09-16 15:14 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-09-16 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

>There should be no need to add aleph.exe to your path if you just refresh the
>fndb,

Assuming of course that u put aleph.exe in TeXLive/bin or somewhere similar

Idris

* Re: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
@ 2004-09-17 12:52     ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2004-09-17 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen said this at Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:33:19 +0200:

>        if ( $TeXExecutable =~ /etex|
>eetex|pdfetex|pdfeetex|pdfxtex|xpdfetex|eomega|aleph/io ) {
>            $TeXPrefix = "*";
>        }

Mind adding "xetex" to that list on your next release? :)
 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492

* Re: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
@ 2004-09-17 12:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-09-17 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>Yes, when I installed TeXLive there was also ConTeXt installed.
>Then I immediately deleted the files in texmf/tex/context/base/ and texmf/metapost/context/base/ .
>
>Now I also deleted the texmf/.../texexec.ini file and reinstalled context again (texmf-local tree)
>Hashed the ls-r, rebuild the formats and tried it again.
>
>Still the same error logs.
>
>Maybe there are still some leftovers from TeXLives ConTeXt interfering?
>What is the right way to "get rid of it (minus texexec.exe)"?
>When I install ConTeXt in a local tree do I have to delete more ConTeXt files in the main tree?

can you check where the pl files go? new paths in tds:

fonts/enc
fonts/map

scripts/context/[perl|ruby|...]

web2c/$engine/

in a few days i can try to generate minimal trees for the latest binaries (ones that use the new kpse paths etc)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
@ 2004-09-17 12:33   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-09-17 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>Aleph does not automatically switch to extended mode (it will
>before the final release, though). But IIRC texexec
>automatically triggers extended mode for Aleph ... Hans? Is
>'aleph' among the engines for which extended mode is chosen?

sure:

        if ( $TeXExecutable =~ /etex|eetex|pdfetex|pdfeetex|pdfxtex|xpdfetex|eomega|aleph/io ) {
            $TeXPrefix = "*";
        }

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* RE: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
@ 2004-09-16 22:16 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-09-16 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From <ntg-context@ntg.nl> =====

[snip]

> TeXExec 4.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2003
>

>Opt=HASH(0x1b453a4)            executable : aleph
>
>                format : cont-en
>
>             inputfile : alephtest1
>
>                output : dpx
>
>             interface : en
>
>          current mode : none
>
>               TeX run : 1

so TeXexec is working...

>This is Alephk, Version 3.141592--1.15--2.1--RC3 (Web2c 7.5.3)
>
> %&-line parsing enabled.
>
>Copyright (c) 2002--2004 the Aleph task force
>
>entering extended mode
>
>(alephtest1.tex

and Aleph is working in extended mode

>ConTeXt  ver: 2004.8.15  fmt: 2004.9.16  int: english  mes: english

u have a working format...

>*

Weird: There is almost certainly something wrong in your format file.. Did you
install the ConTeXt that came with fpTeX? If so, get rid of it (minus
texexec.exe), reinstall the latest version, and try again.

best
Idris

* RE: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
@ 2004-09-16 22:07 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-09-16 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From <ntg-context@ntg.nl> =====
<snip>

                                        \donothing \dodoappendtoks

>l.188 \to \everyresetspecials

2 possibilities

a. Your ConTeXt format is not consistent. Delete your ConTeXt install (ok this
might not be necessary), make sure you don't have two Contexts (e.g. one in
texmf and another in texmf-var), reinstall the latest ConTeXt, refresh the
fndb BEFORE you generate the formats, regenerate the formats, and it should
work.

b. Also, are you sure that you are running aleph in extended mode? Giuseppe,
is extended mode the default for aleph or does it have to be explicitly
invoked?

If Aleph is running in extended mode, and if every ConTeXt file is in the
fndb,
then it really should work...

Idris

* Re: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
@ 2004-09-16 17:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-09-16 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

ishamid wrote:

>Hi

><ntg-context@ntg.nl>
>

>>Then I tried the steps Idris recommend once:
>>

>>>eomega --ini *plain \dump
>>>eomega --ini *cont-en
>>>texexec --make en -tex=eomega
>>>
>>>are the relevant commands. eomega _is_ aleph.
>>>

>I'm sure of course that you replaced `eomega' with `aleph';-)
>
>There should be no need to add aleph.exe to your path if you just refresh the
>fndb, which I'm sure u did also;-)) (I don't know about MacOSX but TeXLive
>contains a shortcut to that command in Programs=>TeXLive=>Maintanence).
>
>I (or Hans) will send you the stuff Hans sent me if all else fails: that will
>work for sure.

the latest release contains a texexec:

texexec --make --all --alone --tex=aleph

you can configure texexec.ini to use the engine subpath which is handy when you run pdfetex along side (the new binaries all have the same suffix now; tetex will not support the tds engine subpath, i dunny yet about fptex and miktex; let's hope that they do)

(--engine is also possible in texexec 5.0)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* RE: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
@ 2004-09-16 15:06 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-09-16 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
>===== Original Message From mailing list for ConTeXt users
<ntg-context@ntg.nl>
>Then I tried the steps Idris recommend once:
>
>> eomega --ini *plain \dump
>> eomega --ini *cont-en
>> texexec --make en -tex=eomega
>>
>> are the relevant commands. eomega _is_ aleph.

I'm sure of course that you replaced `eomega' with `aleph';-)

There should be no need to add aleph.exe to your path if you just refresh the
fndb, which I'm sure u did also;-)) (I don't know about MacOSX but TeXLive
contains a shortcut to that command in Programs=>TeXLive=>Maintanence).

I (or Hans) will send you the stuff Hans sent me if all else fails: that will
work for sure.

Best
Idris

* Re: Re: ConTeXt and Aleph
       [not found] ` <a06002000bd6f3684d7f9@[62\.134\.76\.187]>
@ 2004-09-16 14:04   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-09-16 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thursday, September 16, 2004 Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Der Befehl "aleph" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
> konnte nicht gefunden werden.
> [the command "aleph" is either misspelled or could not be found]

> Der Befehl "cont-en" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
> konnte nicht gefunden werden.
> [the command "cont-en" is either misspelled or could not be found]

It just seems that aleph.exe is not in a folder accessed by
your PATH. Since you're using WinXP, right-click on My
Computer, select Properties -> Advanced -> Environment
Variables; add the path to aleph into the PATH settings. Reboot
to make sure the changes stick, and try again.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta