* Update to Pdfetex 1.20a
@ 2004-10-11 10:59 Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2004-10-11 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans, Hi all,

i tried to update pdfetex to 1.20a.
I used the standalone version by Fabrice Popineau from:
http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/ctan/systems/win32/fptex/standalone/

If pdfetex tries to insert a ttf-font i get an error-message:

Windows complains:

systems        : end file test at line 6
  )<c:\tex\texmf-local/fonts/truetype/chinese/htsong.ttf
            return code : 65280
               run time : 2 seconds

         total run time : 2 seconds

I run the latest stuff from pragma (binaries, context)
under Win XP. The fonts are from ctex.org.

My input file is:

\loadmapfile[gbk]
\usemodule[chinese]
\usemodule[chi-simplified]
\starttext
\section{test}
\stoptext

Is this a bug in pdfetex?

Greetings Lutz

* Re: Update to Pdfetex 1.20a
@ 2004-10-11 15:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-10-11 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lutz Haseloff wrote:

> Hi Hans, Hi all,
>
> i tried to update pdfetex to 1.20a.
> I used the standalone version by Fabrice Popineau from:
> http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/ctan/systems/win32/fptex/standalone/
>
> If pdfetex tries to insert a ttf-font i get an error-message:
>
> Windows complains:

> systems        : end file test at line 6
>  )<c:\tex\texmf-local/fonts/truetype/chinese/htsong.ttf
>            return code : 65280
>               run time : 2 seconds
>
>         total run time : 2 seconds
>
> I run the latest stuff from pragma (binaries, context)
> under Win XP. The fonts are from ctex.org.
>
> My input file is:
>
> \loadmapfile[gbk]
> \usemodule[chinese]
> \usemodule[chi-simplified]
> \starttext
> \section{test}
> \stoptext
>

> Is this a bug in pdfetex?

welcome to the non downward compatible changes in tex and friends

   you may try: texmfstart textools --fixtexmftrees

to move your map and enc files to the new locations

if things still fail ... then we have a problem in pdftex's font inclusion

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Update to Pdfetex 1.20a
@ 2004-10-13  5:25   ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2004-10-13  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:

> Lutz Haseloff wrote:
>
>> Hi Hans, Hi all,
>>
>> \loadmapfile[gbk]
>> \usemodule[chinese]
>> \usemodule[chi-simplified]
>> \starttext
>> \section{test}
>> \stoptext
>>

>> Is this a bug in pdfetex?
>

> welcome to the non downward compatible changes in tex and friends
>
>   you may try: texmfstart textools --fixtexmftrees

no errors found

> to move your map and enc files to the new locations
>
> if things still fail ... then we have a problem in pdftex's font
> inclusion

I'm afraid so:
where pdfetex 1.20a breaks completely and texexec.pl reports:
-------------
systems        : end file china at line 6
 )<c:\tex\texmf-local/fonts/truetype/chinese/htsong.ttf
           return code : 65280
              run time : 3 seconds

        total run time : 3 seconds
-------------
version 1.11 prepares nice chinese pdf and texexec.pl reports
-----
systems        : end file china at line 6
 ){c:\tex\texmf-local/fonts/enc/chinese/GBK-bd.enc}<c:\tex\texmf-local/fonts/tr
uetype/chinese/htsong.ttf>{c:\tex\texmf-local/fonts/enc/chinese/GBK-d2.enc}<c:\
tex\texmf-local/fonts/truetype/chinese/htsong.ttf>{c:\tex\texmf-local/fonts/enc
/chinese/GBK-b5.enc}<c:\tex\texmf-local/fonts/truetype/chinese/htsong.ttf><c:\t
ex\texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr12.pfb>
Output written on china.pdf (1 page, 11424 bytes).
Transcript written on china.log.

           return code : 0
              run time : 1 seconds
-----