* pdftex 1.20a and map files
@ 2004-10-12 15:42 Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2004-10-12 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Salvete,

  I tried upgrading to pdfTeX 1.20a on my powerbook.  I built the
binaries successfully and placed them and their pool files into some
temporary location and I was able to build ConTeXt formats.
Unfortunately, pdftex.map was not found, generated files have just lots
of empty pages.

  I did try "sudo texmfstart textools --fixtexmftrees", but that did not
move pdftex.map from its place in dvips/config.  I tried to follow the
NEWS file in the pdftex distribution, but that only lists two
non-existant URLs at tug.org to find information.  The list archive of
tex-live seems to have moved and to be inaccessible to non-subscribers.
  Not wanting yet another mailing list, I just don't have access to this
vital piece of information, which imho should be listed right in the
NEWS file.

  Where is pdftex.map and the likes supposed to be for 1.20a?

regards,
	Christopher Creutzig