* TEI XML
@ 2010-11-07 18:19 Daniel Grycman
From: Daniel Grycman @ 2010-11-07 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,

used the example on the wiki (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TEI_xml), but
I didn't get any correct output. I used Mark IV.
I want to use TEI for an project and use ConTeXt for the specific output.
Is it a good choice?

Daniel

* Re: TEI XML
@ 2010-11-07 18:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-11-07 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7-11-2010 7:19, Daniel Grycman wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> used the example on the wiki (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TEI_xml), but
> I didn't get any correct output. I used Mark IV.
> I want to use TEI for an project and use ConTeXt for the specific output.
> Is it a good choice?

sure, but you need to map tei elements onto something context which is
not different from other xml mappings

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: TEI XML
@ 2010-11-07 20:06 ` Thomas Schmitz
From: Thomas Schmitz @ 2010-11-07 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7 Nov 2010 19:19:11 +0100
  "Daniel Grycman" <daniel.grycman@rub.de> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> used the example on the wiki
>(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TEI_xml), but
> I didn't get any correct output. I used Mark IV.
> I want to use TEI for an project and use ConTeXt for the
>specific output.
> Is it a good choice?
>
> Daniel

If you want a meaningful answer, you must give meaningful
information. "I didn't get any correct output." is not
meaningful information. All I can reply to this is "works
here."

Thomas

* Re: TEI XML
@ 2010-11-07 20:23   ` Daniel Grycman
From: Daniel Grycman @ 2010-11-07 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

the pdf output consists only of the text with no structure in it, like
linenumbering for example.

Daniel

Am 07.11.10 21:06 schrieb "Thomas Schmitz" unter <tschmit1@uni-bonn.de>:

>On 7 Nov 2010 19:19:11 +0100
>  "Daniel Grycman" <daniel.grycman@rub.de> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> used the example on the wiki
>>(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TEI_xml), but
>> I didn't get any correct output. I used Mark IV.
>> I want to use TEI for an project and use ConTeXt for the
>>specific output.
>> Is it a good choice?
>>
>> Daniel
>
>If you want a meaningful answer, you must give meaningful
>information. "I didn't get any correct output." is not
>meaningful information. All I can reply to this is "works
>here."
>
>Thomas

* Re: TEI XML
@ 2010-11-07 20:26     ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2010-11-07 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Daniel,

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 13:23:32 -0700, Daniel Grycman <daniel.grycman@rub.de>
wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> the pdf output consists only of the text with no structure in it, like
> linenumbering for example.

What Thomas means is: give us a minimal sample file so others can
reproduce the apparent error. Also give your MkIV version.

Best wishes
Idris

> Am 07.11.10 21:06 schrieb "Thomas Schmitz" unter <tschmit1@uni-bonn.de>:
>
>> On 7 Nov 2010 19:19:11 +0100
>>  "Daniel Grycman" <daniel.grycman@rub.de> wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> used the example on the wiki
>>> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TEI_xml), but
>>> I didn't get any correct output. I used Mark IV.
>>> I want to use TEI for an project and use ConTeXt for the
>>> specific output.
>>> Is it a good choice?
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>
>> If you want a meaningful answer, you must give meaningful
>> information. "I didn't get any correct output." is not
>> meaningful information. All I can reply to this is "works
>> here."

International Journal of Shīʿī Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: TEI XML
@ 2010-11-07 20:38     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-11-07 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 7, 2010, at 9:23 PM, Daniel Grycman wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> the pdf output consists only of the text with no structure in it, like
> linenumbering for example.
>
> Daniel

Oh wait, now I see: you were trying to use the entire file structure on the wiki, the example text and the style file, and weren't getting any output. I'm sorry, I haven't finished this yet, so this won't work in the state that it's in. But just to be clear: this is just an example. If you have your proper project, you will need to write your own conversion. If you want to see that/how it works, I can send you an example that does work off-list.

Thomas

* Re: TEI XML
@ 2010-11-07 21:16       ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2010-11-07 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 13:38:18 -0700, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> If you want to see that/how it works, I can send you an example that
> does work off-list.

Why not post it to the wiki, even if it needs to be labeled "in progress"
etc ... can always use tuftes etc if it's a matter of propriety etc ...

Best wishes
Idris

@ 2010-11-07 21:41         ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-11-07 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Idris and all,

I have finished the example on the wiki so it will give proper output, even if a few things are still missing, but the most important stuff is there.

My problem is that the real file contains Greek, and I want this to work for everyone, even without Greek fonts, that's why i need to rewrite some parts of it...

All best

Thomas

On Nov 7, 2010, at 10:16 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 13:38:18 -0700, Thomas A. Schmitz <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>
>> If you want to see that/how it works, I can send you an example that does work off-list.
>
> Why not post it to the wiki, even if it needs to be labeled "in progress" etc ... can always use tuftes etc if it's a matter of propriety etc ...
>
> Best wishes
> Idris
> --

* Re: TEI XML
@ 2010-11-07 21:47           ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2010-11-07 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 14:41:11 -0700, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> I have finished the example on the wiki so it will give proper output,
> even if a few things are still missing, but the most important stuff is
> there.

Thanks! I've been thinking of reworking CritTexT in terms of xml so I'm
interested ...

> My problem is that the real file contains Greek, and I want this to work
> for everyone, even without Greek fonts,

We don't have a free default Greek for MkIV? I think Scheherezade from SIL
is default for Arabic (or should be anyway -- I think Khaled made some
improvements) and is fully unicode etc. Does SIL or someone else have a
similar font we can use for Greek?

Best wishes
Idris

@ 2010-11-07 22:21             ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-11-07 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 7, 2010, at 10:47 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:

> We don't have a free default Greek for MkIV? I think Scheherezade from SIL is default for Arabic (or should be anyway -- I think Khaled made some improvements) and is fully unicode etc. Does SIL or someone else have a similar font we can use for Greek?
>
> Best wishes
> Idris

We have SIL gentium, which is very nice and in the minimals. So yes, I could have just put Philostratus in Greek up there....

Thomas