* Miktex blues
@ 2004-10-16 19:17 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2004-10-16 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 2546 bytes --]

All,

I still need a copy of runperl.exe if anyone has one. Meanwhile, I've got a
repeatable weirdness I hope someone can explain.

If I set these lines in my texexec.ini:

% set TeXFormatPath   to f:/localtexmf/miktex/fmt
% ConTeXtPath     texmf/tex/context/base  sources
% SetupPath       texmf/tex/base/user     cont-sys/usr file
% TeXScriptsPath  texmf/context/perltk    scripts
% TeXFontsPath    texmf                   font files
%
% set MpFormatPath    to f:/localtexmf/miktex/mem
%
% == the main shell setting ==
%
% As shown below, one can define his/her own sections. We default to
% the teTeX/fpTeX web2c based settings.

%set  TeXShell  to  tetex
%set TeXShell  to  fptex
set TeXShell  to  miktex
%set TeXShell  to  private

Then:

f:
cd \miktex\scripts\context\perl
perl texexec.pl --make en nl

The formats get created and can be found on f:\. If I cut them and paste
them into f:\localtexmf\miktex\fmt, then the test file junk.tex will compile.

%testfile: junk.tex
\starttext
\framed {Let’s see if it works.}
\stoptext

Now, if I make these changes to texexec.ini:

set TeXFormatPath   to f:/localtexmf/miktex/fmt
% ConTeXtPath     texmf/tex/context/base  sources
% SetupPath       texmf/tex/base/user     cont-sys/usr file
% TeXScriptsPath  texmf/context/perltk    scripts
% TeXFontsPath    texmf                   font files
%
set MpFormatPath    to f:/localtexmf/miktex/mem
%
% == the main shell setting ==
%
% As shown below, one can define his/her own sections. We default to
% the teTeX/fpTeX web2c based settings.

%set  TeXShell  to  tetex
%set TeXShell  to  fptex
set TeXShell  to  miktex
%set TeXShell  to  private

Then:

f:
cd \miktex\scripts\context\perl
perl texexec.pl --make en nl

In this case, the format files get deposited where they should go, namely
in f:\localtexmf\miktex\fmt.

However, when I now compile my test file junk.tex:

F:\miktex\scripts\context\perl>perl texexec.pl junk

 TeXExec 5.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004

            executable : pdfetex
                format : f:/localtexmf/miktex/fmt/cont-en
             inputfile : junk
                output : standard
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.10b-2.1 (MiKTeX 2.3)
initexmf: don't know how to dump miktex
cannot make f:/localtexmf/miktex.efmt
I can't find the default format file!

           return code : 256