* Page Numbering
@ 2004-10-24 22:08 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2004-10-24 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

How can I get my pagenumbering to go:

Page 1

Page 2

Etc.

* Re: Page Numbering
@ 2004-10-24 23:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-10-24 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> How can I get my pagenumbering to go:
>
> Page 1
>
> Page 2

\setupheadertexts[Page \pagenumber]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Page Numbering
@ 2004-10-24 23:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-10-24 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

> How can I get my pagenumbering to go:
>
> Page 1
>
> Page 2

the clean way is: \setuplabeltext[pagenumber=Page ]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Page numbering
@ 2007-01-01 15:21 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2007-01-01 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Peter,

Thanks. Ooops... I should read the syntax spec more carefully! :)

Elliot

Peter Rolf wrote:

>you need the keyword 'number' to pass your page number.

* Re: Page numbering
@ 2007-01-01 14:22 ` Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2007-01-01 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1 Jan 2007, at 13:31, Elliot Clifton wrote:

> \setuppagenumber[number] to set the start number. Unfortunately,
> nothing happens and numbering starts from 1 as usual. What am I doing
> wrong?
>
> thanks,
>
> Elliot

Elliot,

Try
     \setuppagenumbering[location=footer,alternative=doublesided] %
or your choices
\setuppagenumber[number=123,state=start] % or your number

Best wishes,
Charlie Doherty

* Re: Page numbering
@ 2007-01-01 14:18 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-01-01 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Elliot,

Elliot Clifton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to set the start number for the pages in my journal so that the
> numbering continues from the previous issue in the volume. After
> reading p77 of the manual I understand that I can use
> \setuppagenumber[number] to set the start number. Unfortunately,
\setuppagenumber[number=123]

you need the keyword 'number' to pass your page number.

Greetings, Peter

> nothing happens and numbering starts from 1 as usual. What am I doing
> wrong?
>
> thanks,
>
> Elliot

* Page numbering
@ 2007-01-01 13:31 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2007-01-01 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I need to set the start number for the pages in my journal so that the
numbering continues from the previous issue in the volume. After
reading p77 of the manual I understand that I can use
\setuppagenumber[number] to set the start number. Unfortunately,
nothing happens and numbering starts from 1 as usual. What am I doing
wrong?

thanks,

Elliot

* Re: page numbering
@ 2005-12-04 11:13   ` toto
From: toto @ 2005-12-04 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quoting Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>:
> toto@tots-ns.net wrote:
>> Hello list, How could I reset the page number counter? I can't find
>> that information neither on the wiki nor in the manual.
>
>    \startstandardmakeup ... \stopstandardmakeup
>
> for the title page, the page counter will not be incremented
> automatically, so that is a good option if you have a
> completely standalone title page.

Thanks a lot, Taco. It's working now.

-AJ

* Re: page numbering
@ 2005-12-04 11:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-04 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

toto@tots-ns.net wrote:
> Hello list, How could I reset the page number counter? I can't find that
> information neither on the wiki nor in the manual.

Use:

   \setnumber[page]{42}

Also defined are (at least):

    \resetnumber    [page]
    \incrementnumber[page]
    \decrementnumber[page]
    \savenumber     [page]
    \restorenumber  [page]

> I would like to have a title page without a page number and that the
> page that follow has the number one. I can say to context not to print
> the page number on the page title but not reset that counter (and the
> page that follow begin with the number two...)

If you use

    \startstandardmakeup ... \stopstandardmakeup

for the title page, the page counter will not be incremented
automatically, so that is a good option if you have a
completely standalone title page.

Cheers, Taco

For Hans& Patrick: this is more api documentation stuff ...

* page numbering
@ 2005-12-04 10:50 toto
From: toto @ 2005-12-04 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list, How could I reset the page number counter? I can't find
that information neither on the wiki nor in the manual.

I would like to have a title page without a page number and that the
page that follow has the number one. I can say to context not to print
the page number on the page title but not reset that counter (and the
page that follow begin with the number two...)

Thanks alot for your help

-AJ